★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Cosmic Badger v2 (need BETA testers)

10-24-2015, 05:21 AM
Cosmic Badger 2

Currently in beta, this is an action game that draws a lot of inspiration from the Sega Genesis era of gaming. You control a teleporting badger collecting parts to build a rocket to send a celestial bomb into space and blow up a meteor on a collision course for his home planet. Swiping on the screen places two portals, an entrance portal where the swipe starts and an exit portal where the swipe ends.

I'll be posting updates as the game progresses so this thread will act as a kind of dev blog. Let me know if you're interested in testing.

New stage mockups - Neon City zone (working title)

Forest zone

Ice cavern zone

Industrial zone (still a work in progress)

Some more screenshots as my gif capture tool washes out the contrast for some reason

Last edited by Cosmic Badger; 03-05-2016 at 07:54 AM. Reason: New screenshots
10-24-2015, 06:10 AM
Looks great but I am not too good at this genre so I can't really help you with the beta as I won't go far ^^

10-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Heck yah!!! I really loved the original but it needed a lot of polish to compete in the market. The new graphics look great! I hope this version will get featured. Pm'ed for beta.
10-25-2015, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Looks great but I am not too good at this genre so I can't really help you with the beta as I won't go far ^^
Haha thanks, I can appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Heck yah!!! I really loved the original but it needed a lot of polish to compete in the market. The new graphics look great! I hope this version will get featured. Pm'ed for beta.
Thanks coolpepper, you've been added, looking forward to your feedback
10-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Just started the beta.
First impressions:
I've never played an auto running platformer this unique before.
The graphics and theme are for everyone.
Controls are simple and effective. When I first glanced at screenshots I assumed it would be hard to use the portals especially while the screen is moving. I imagined I had to tap and tap another locations . Not at all . just a simple
Swipe .
Perfect controls.
Only played for 15 minutes and wanted to leave a few impressions of the game.
10-26-2015, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Just started the beta.
First impressions:
I've never played an auto running platformer this unique before.
The graphics and theme are for everyone.
Controls are simple and effective. When I first glanced at screenshots I assumed it would be hard to use the portals especially while the screen is moving. I imagined I had to tap and tap another locations . Not at all . just a simple
Swipe .
Perfect controls.
Only played for 15 minutes and wanted to leave a few impressions of the game.
Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for your feedback
10-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Do u have a Twitter . I would like to follow and promote there
10-26-2015, 09:22 PM
It's a pretty fun game once you take the time to understand the controls, I found it easier on my iPad since that extra space helps with quick portal swipes. Great look and feel and I like the music

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
10-27-2015, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Do u have a Twitter . I would like to follow and promote there
Yes (@cosmic_badger), I'll keep this thread updated regularly though too I've fallen behind a little but I'll be working on stage 2 redesign this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
It's a pretty fun game once you take the time to understand the controls, I found it easier on my iPad since that extra space helps with quick portal swipes. Great look and feel and I like the music
Thanks dreadnok, yeah I didn't actually realise how much easier the precision is on iPad until I bought one a while back too Glad you like the music, I (i.e. my music guy) have a load of kick-ass tracks ready for the other levels.
10-31-2015, 07:47 AM
Snow stage update

Working in the level designs for stage 2, work in progress but here's what I have so far. How's it looking?