★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.

In this sequel to the splash hit Octodad, our cephaloprotagonist has gotten himself in a bind between his wifes mounting mistrust, and a disastrous trip to the local aquarium! Are you dad enough to control the titular octopus father as he strives to hide his nautical nature from his family while keeping his tangled tentacles intact?

touchy85's comments:

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Young Horses, Inc.
Genres: Games Family Adventure
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$6.49 NZD

Quote:
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.

In this sequel to the splash hit Octodad, our cephaloprotagonist has gotten himself in a bind between his wifes mounting mistrust, and a disastrous trip to the local aquarium! Are you dad enough to control the titular octopus father as he strives to hide his nautical nature from his family while keeping his tangled tentacles intact?

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 272MB

10-27-2015, 11:16 AM

I've got mixed feelings about this one. Most of the time it's really good fun. Just like the weird controls work most of the time. But when the controls don't work, it's infuriating. There is this mission where you have to climb to the top of one of those kids climbing castles, it's so frustrating.

10-27-2015, 11:25 AM
nice find, thanks for the post touchy.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

10-27-2015, 11:53 AM
I loved this on Vita and since I no longer have it, I'll be buying it on iOS for sure! Anyone know if it has controller support?
10-27-2015, 05:01 PM

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

10-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Is it just people waiting for Octodad to go worldwide before talking about it? I'm really surprised this thread hasn't gotten any sort of traction since it popped up. :/

Wonderful port. Really, really solid. Clocks in at only 300 MB.

Might have to the keep the NZ tag on this thread (or at least return it) until all of today/tomorrow's games have popped up. I would be devastated if this didn't get any attention.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-27-2015, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Is it just people waiting for Octodad to go worldwide before talking about it? I'm really surprised this thread hasn't gotten any sort of traction since it popped up. :/

Wonderful port. Really, really solid. Clocks in at only 300 MB.

Might have to the keep the NZ tag on this thread (or at least return it) until all of today/tomorrow's games have popped up. I would be devastated if this didn't get any attention.
It'so a fantastic game, I'm just a little concerned about how well it controls.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
10-27-2015, 11:07 PM
I have a feeling this thread will be well-populated before long, when people who had no idea this had launched (like myself, for instance) catch wind of its release. It'll be interesting to see how the game controls, since squirrelly controls were sort of an intentional part of the original release to begin with. Either way, downloading now

Edit: Nevermind, pulled from the Canadian store literally between the time I started typing this post and now

Last edited by Quazonk; 10-28-2015 at 01:38 AM.
10-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
It'so a fantastic game, I'm just a little concerned about how well it controls.
the controls are working well, you just have to get used to it. its easy to learn but its a lil bit hard to master it

the game is amazing imo, the story is just fun and also the missions. dont afraid about losing your save data because the checkpoint system are quite lot in this game. so, buy at ease

10-27-2015, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
the controls are working well, you just have to get used to it. its easy to learn but its a lil bit hard to master it

the game is amazing imo, the story is just fun and also the missions. dont afraid about losing your save data because the checkpoint system are quite lot in this game. so, buy at ease
Watched your video red
The quirky control looks hillarious
This is right up my alley with surgeon simulator and I am bread and it will have better story right?

How many hours of gameplay? >5 hours?
Any GC achievement?
Its gonna be a great week with agent A also lumino city

Damn ios gaming too many game ...: D so little tine