★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SkySmash 1918 is a universal app that runs great on any iPhone / iPod touch / iPad. Now with enhanced graphics for iPhone 4 Retina display and iPad!

NOW ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME - 50% OFF!

---------------------------------

#3 Top Paid Game in Italy!
#2 Top Paid App in Italy!
#2 Top Paid Game in Canada!
#2 Top Paid Game in the UK!
#1 Top Paid Game in France!
#2 Top Paid Game in Spain!

appchatter.com review:

"Graphics were great, game play was fun and exciting and once you start you will not want to put it down."

theiphoneappreview.com review:

Score: 9/10

iphonemat.blogspot.com review:

"Great Game, Highly Addictive!" - iPhone App of the Month

toucharcade.com forum posts:

"...it's an awesome game for a ridiculous price."

"I love this game. Good playability and fantastic background graphics/weather effects."

iTunes reviews (US store):

"This game is a great package and by far the best top down shooter I've tried on the iPhone. The graphics are sublime, easily top of it's class, and the game itself is smooth and not too fast. Highly recommended"

"Great game! Unbelieveable value! Good job thanks."

"Great graphics, fantastic overall gameplay, I highly recommend it!!"

Can you single-handedly turn the tide of World War 1?

Classic arcade Shoot Em Up action rejuvenated for the 21st century!

Features:

- 9 big levels
- Huge end of level bosses
- 10 collectable powerups, including Bouncing Bomb, Time Warp and Smart Bomb
- Incredible detailed graphics and animation
- Amazing lighting and special effects
- Atmospheric music and sound effects
- Easy/Medium/Hard difficulty settings

skyye06's comments:
please delete the spacce between skysmash...

09-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Wow, looks pretty good. I'll wait for a video or if someone TOFTT, but it's very nice looking for .99.

09-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFlight View Post
Wow, looks pretty good. I'll wait for a video or if someone TOFTT, but it's very nice looking for .99.
http://www.skysmash1918.com/videos.html
09-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Quote:
I got this dl right now

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-28-2009, 09:47 PM
I just played for 3 minutes - the graphics look awesome and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

I will go even further and say that graphics look better than iFighter and SkyForce Reloaded, my favourite schmups. I will post more impressions once I play a bit more, but so far I like what I see.
09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
Well, it certainly has a nice art style and lots of animation, but it looks a little too slow for my tastes and I miss having music. The player's plane is pretty big for a shmup, too. Seems like it's a real bullet magnet.

I prefer the faster-paced shmups like Gradius, Ikaruga, or Touhou.

EDIT: Oh wait, the app description mentions atmospheric music but the videos didn't have any. Was the music not ready for when the video was posted?

EDIT the 2nd: Just checked the boss vid. Does music only play at the boss battle?

Last edited by JazzFlight; 09-28-2009 at 09:51 PM.
09-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Can someone tell me if this game has a save feature?

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
09-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Quote:
I prefer the faster-paced shmups like Gradius, Ikaruga, or Touhou.
But...none of the those have been released for the iPhone.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
09-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
EDIT: Oh wait, the app description mentions atmospheric music but the videos didn't have any. Was the music not ready for when the video was posted?

EDIT the 2nd: Just checked the boss vid. Does music only play at the boss battle?
Seems that music only plays during the boss battles. The menu music reminds me of the "Hogan's Heroes" theme.

I passed the first 2 missions. They were pretty easy on normal. I think that the bosses were too easy as well, I would've been happy if they were a little bit harder.
Third mission is a bit harder for me to pass.
Presentation of menu and UI is excellent. Background looks very sharp and explosions are very satisfying as well. The damaged enemy aircraft trail smoke that looks very good. Same can be said for the damaged bosses.

Quote:
Can someone tell me if this game has a save feature?
If you quit mid mission you'd have to start from the beginning of the level, but your progress in the campaign is saved.

Quote:
Well, it certainly has a nice art style and lots of animation, but it looks a little too slow for my tastes and I miss having music. The player's plane is pretty big for a shmup, too. Seems like it's a real bullet magnet.
The pace is pretty nice. I'd say it is similar to iFighter in speed. The size of the plane does not impact on the gameplay. The game is well balanced this way. It is not that hard to evade enemy projectiles.

I also would have liked to have music throughout the level, not just during boss fights, but I am happy with it as it is.
There are also powerups that you pick up like weapon upgrades, bombs, health, extra lives, invulnerability, slow time, etc. Bombs, slow time, invulnerability are activated by double-tapping the screen while weapons and health upgrade automatically. I can't tell if you can switch between various pickups like bombs, invulnerability, slow time, etc. Looks like you have to activate them as soon as you pick them up. Help says nothing about that. I'll have to play around with those to work out if it can be done.

Overall 4.5/5 stars from me.
09-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi, does this game control by accelerometer and/or touch? How responsive is the controls? Might pick this one up if it controls well. Thanks.