★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Featured in Best New Games by Apple! ***

Almost Impossible is addictive, attractive, and awfully fun. MacNN

Catchy chiptune music, and addictive gameplay Beautiful Pixels

Beautiful hardcore platformer iPlayApps.de

Extremely well-polished, addictive and frustrating in the best possible way. Noted

Almost Impossible is the perfect casual game, easy to pick up, yet insanely addictive. You have been warned!

Almost Impossible is a side-scrolling atmospheric puzzle platform, built especially for touch screen devices. Guide a small ball of light on a dangerous journey, be careful, the road ahead is extremely challenging. Some may say its Almost Impossible!

With 50 action packed levels, Almost Impossible! is the most splendid game youll pick up this week!

FEATURES:
- 50 almost impossible levels (more levels coming soon)
- Beautifully crafted retro future graphics
- Challenging and addictive gameplay
- Splendid real-time physics engine
- Beat your friends score with Game Center

Follow @dancounsell for updates and support.
10-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Gameplay Trailer

Found this...
https://youtu.be/MtSGcPZLSA4

Looks like a puzzle-plattformer with "Thomas Was Alone" style

Last edited by Tobi (AppGemeinde); 10-28-2015 at 10:39 AM.

10-28-2015, 07:45 PM
10-28-2015, 10:02 PM
I played Almost Impossible for about an hour this morning and really enjoyed it. It took me awhile to realize I could tap to go backward (I figured this out around a score of 270, after getting in a situation where I could not move forward without moving backward). I dig how the whole thing feels like one giant level with checkpoints. There are some tricky situations, but it's really satisfying when you finally find your way through. My score is somewhere in the 600's and I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can get. Fans of Bean's Quest will enjoy the basic jumping mechanic, but wrapped in a linear/runner type setting. Each section is challenging and fun, although I did not like the music (didn't see an option to mute it in game) and while the generic "face/ball" character may be a turn off for some, the gameplay and level design is anything but. This game hits that sweet spot for me. Hard, but not impossible= almost impossible. I hope this gets some well deserved attention.
10-28-2015, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
I played Almost Impossible for about an hour this morning and really enjoyed it. It took me awhile to realize I could tap to go backward (I figured this out around a score of 270, after getting in a situation where I could not move forward without moving backward). I dig how the whole thing feels like one giant level with checkpoints. There are some tricky situations, but it's really satisfying when you finally find your way through. My score is somewhere in the 600's and I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can get. Fans of Bean's Quest will enjoy the basic jumping mechanic, but wrapped in a linear/runner type setting. Each section is challenging and fun, although I did not like the music (didn't see an option to mute it in game) and while the generic "face/ball" character may be a turn off for some, the gameplay and level design is anything but. This game hits that sweet spot for me. Hard, but not impossible= almost impossible. I hope this gets some well deserved attention.
Thanks for the impressions! I'll check this out this weekend. It's gonna be an expensive week!
10-29-2015, 12:46 AM
I've had this on my watchlist for a little while now. Going into my bookmarked games for next week.
10-29-2015, 07:48 AM
Another one here, picking this up at weekend
10-29-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm interested in getting this.

Do you have to start from the very beginning every time you start the app (like phases),or do you start from the last checkpoint reached? I like phases,but it soon became tiresome having to start from the beginning everytime.

Thanks.
10-29-2015, 08:44 AM
It's an auto-checkpointer, there's no cheap gimmick like that. You start at the last checkpoint you reached every time. Reach the next checkpoint, you start from there after you die.

It's enjoyable, but it's nothing too special. It hasn't got a lot to separate it from all the other games of this type (linear auto-bounce platformer), and unfortunately like most of the others it also uses some 'surprise!' deaths where spikes will move suddenly when you get close.

If you like this genre, then I'd recommend it. It's solid for what it is. But I'd say maybe not if you only have a passing interest in this kind of side-scrolling linear platformer.
10-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Having lots of fun with this!