★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Yak & co
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 89.4 MB
  • Version: 3.5.1
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (6)
App description: Agent A, your new mission is in from headquarters. An enemy spy known as Ruby La Rouge has been targeting our secret agents. Your mission is to find and capture her.

First we need you to follow Ruby, then locate and infiltrate her secret lair. Once inside it is imperative that you uncover her plans.

Oh and agent... do be careful. Miss La Rouge has a taste for dismissing agents such as yourself.



Agent A: A puzzle in disguise is an episodic tale of espionage spanning five chapters:

Chapter 1 - A puzzle in disguise
Chapter 2 - The chase continues
Chapter 3 - Ruby's trap
Chapter 4 - A narrow escape (Coming very soon!)
Chapter 5 - The final blow (2018 Q2)

You play as Agent A, your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to infiltrate the secret hideout of Ruby La Rouge and apprehend or neutralise the target.

Uncover a stylish 60s themed world full of retro futuristic contraptions, hidden gizmos, gadgets and clever logic based puzzles. But do be warned Ruby La Rouge is no spy to be taken lightly! Explore a labyrinth of perplexing puzzles in this quirky game of cat and mouse thatll have you wondering whether youre the cat or the mouse!!

Notice something strange or out of place? Making mental notes and observations (like a good secret agent) will aid you in solving tricky puzzles later on. As you explore Rubys secret hideout, collecting objects and using them cleverly is crucial in unlocking a trail of puzzles leading you ever closer to your target!

Agent A features:
* Stylish 1960s inspired art
* 16 rooms to explore, 40 inventory based puzzles and 30 puzzle screens
* 8 achievements to collect, for the trophy hunter in all of us
* Available in fully translated English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese and Russian versions



If you like escape games, you will love Agent A!

One Purchase - No In App purchases.

***** Game of the Year AGDA 2016 Winner *****
***** Awarded Apple's Best of 2015 *****
***** PAX Indie Showcase Winner 2017 and 2015! *****
Number 1 puzzle & adventure game in 72 countries. Apple's Editors Choice in 30 countries and Best New Game in over 100 countries.

4.5/5 Apple n Apps "Agent A is an outstanding puzzle adventure that delivers a must have iOS experience."

4/5 Touch Arcade "This is one of the most playable and least frustrating adventure games I've played, and it speaks to the strength of the game design that it is great."

AppUnwrapper "Agent A feels like something really special."



Are you clever enough to outsmart Ruby? Slip into the exciting world of espionage with Agent A now!

TastyTadpoles's comments:


We are live everyone!
And here is the release trailer too:
10-28-2015, 07:05 AM
#2
Ack! You're early! I thought I still had time to work on my review. :P

Anyway, I finished this yesterday, guys. Highly recommend. It's part 1, and the only negative thing I can say is that part 2 isn't out yet. :P

10-28-2015, 07:11 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 196
Hahah yeah had to beat you! No we just wanted to make sure it was live globally for tomorrow
Can't wait to see your review

Agent A: A puzzle in disguise (Spy themed puzzler), coming soon thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=259072
By Yak & Co - Melbourne Devs
http://www.yakand.co
10-28-2015, 07:23 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTadpoles View Post
Hahah yeah had to beat you! No we just wanted to make sure it was live globally for tomorrow
Can't wait to see your review
I made a short impromptu video review just now and it didn't record properly. Sigh. Trying again.
10-28-2015, 08:00 AM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,048
I just played 20 minutes and I'm already hooked.
Great presentation...for some reason it gives me a The Room vibe in a very cool 70 spies world.

Can't wait to play more!!!!
10-28-2015, 08:27 AM
#6
Here we go. Short video review. Took several tries because my recording software kept messing it up. So if I sound at all exhausted in the video, it's because of that, not the game. The game is great!



I'm also working on a walkthrough here:

http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/10/...through-guide/

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 10-28-2015 at 02:09 PM.
10-28-2015, 09:11 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Here we go. Short video review. Took several tries because my recording software kept messing it up. So if I sound at all exhausted in the video, it's because of that, not the game. The game is great!

YouTube: video
Any idea how long it'll take to finish if its only part one? It looks great but if it's a bit on the short side, I might have to wait until it's all out, I'm too impatient ;P

Like Her Story? Try Contradiction for iPad!

A few favourites: Contradiction. Desktop Dungeons. Til Morning's Light. Knights of Pen & Paper (1+2). Drylands. Paint it Back.
10-28-2015, 09:24 AM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatre View Post
Any idea how long it'll take to finish if its only part one? It looks great but if it's a bit on the short side, I might have to wait until it's all out, I'm too impatient ;P
I hate trying to answer those kinds of questions for puzzle games. I didn't find it short, but it's also not a 10-hr long point-and-click. Some puzzles were a bit trickier and slowed me down. Once you know all the answers, though, it's a lot shorter -- like any puzzle game. The fun is in the exploration and figuring out how to solve puzzles. If you figure it all out faster than I did, it will be shorter for you.

Hope that helps. :/
10-28-2015, 09:34 AM
#9
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
I hate trying to answer those kinds of questions for puzzle games. I didn't find it short, but it's also not a 10-hr long point-and-click. Some puzzles were a bit trickier and slowed me down. Once you know all the answers, though, it's a lot shorter -- like any puzzle game. The fun is in the exploration and figuring out how to solve puzzles. If you figure it all out faster than I did, it will be shorter for you.

Hope that helps. :/
It does, thank you I didn't realise how much of a daft question that actually was

Like Her Story? Try Contradiction for iPad!

A few favourites: Contradiction. Desktop Dungeons. Til Morning's Light. Knights of Pen & Paper (1+2). Drylands. Paint it Back.
10-28-2015, 09:36 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatre View Post
It does, thank you I didn't realise how much of a daft question that actually was
Ha you're not the first one to ask it! I just often see people complain that a puzzle game is too short after they followed a walkthrough for it. It's a hard thing to measure, since everyone will solve things at a different pace.