★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Simple Spy is a dynamic and minimalist 2d platformer

* Test your skill with 60 levels and 4 bonus levels

* 5 different characters with unique animation

* Dynamic game play mechanics based on color changing platforms

* Game Center integration with Achievement

* No ads and In App Purchases

Kodari's comments:

Simple Spy

KODARI GAMES PRIVATE LIMITED
Genres: Games Action Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$0.99 USD

Quote:
Simple Spy is a dynamic and minimalist 2d platformer.Though Simple Spy is a minimalist platformer,you can also find all fun and essence needed for a full fledged plaformer. everything in Simple Spy is achieved through a combination of three action such as running,jumping and rolling.the main focus of the game is simplicity coupled with hard core gameplay and unique game features and obstacles.

* Test your skill with 60 levels and 4 bonus levels

* 5 different characters with unique animation

* Dynamic game play mechanics based on color changing platforms

* Game Center integration with Achievement

* No ads and In App Purchases

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 35.8MB

10-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Purchased this instantly.

Love the art style & no IAPs.

However,they is a big problem if playing on the IPad.The left/right buttons are way,way too far apart.
I've mangaged to get grade A on the first few level regardless.But i suspect the later levels will be very difficult indeed with these controls (on IPad).

10-28-2015, 09:55 AM
I saw the TA preview of this and the first thing that hit me was "a non-auto-forwarding Polara"

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-28-2015, 01:09 PM
the left right control setup is terrible! you literally have to mash the button in the direction you want to jump after a wall jump, or youll plain stop in the air... ruins the game for me
10-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrute View Post
the left right control setup is terrible! you literally have to mash the button in the direction you want to jump after a wall jump, or youll plain stop in the air... ruins the game for me
Agree with this 100%. Want to like it but the controls are preventing me from enjoying it at all at the moment.

Really urgently needs an update as it could be a super little speed runner.
10-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrute View Post
just tap the jump button when you are in wall to easily jump between walls no need to press left or right controls.

Last edited by Kodari; 10-28-2015 at 01:45 PM.
10-28-2015, 02:07 PM
I have this on my radar. So, do i have to lift my finger for left-right (absolute no-go), or can i swipe between them?

And yep, EP, i thought the same.
10-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
I have this on my radar. So, do i have to lift my finger for left-right (absolute no-go), or can i swipe between them?

And yep, EP, i thought the same.
for jump between walls just tap jump button or if you want hold the wall just press right or left button based on wall direction.there is no swipe controls.when you have to long jump against the wall you have to press left/right button based on direction with jump button also.
10-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Looking forward to trying this out. Won't let me download it from the App Store right now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	5
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	95503  

Game Center: AnotherkellydwN
Follow me on:
Instagram for vaping posts & Twitter for gaming tweets
10-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodari View Post
for jump between walls just tap jump button or if you want hold the wall just press right or left button based on wall direction.there is no swipe controls.when you have to long jump against the wall you have to press left/right button based on direction with jump button also.

Thanks for the clear but wrong answer. Maybe i wasn't clear cos my question has nothing to do with the wall.

I simply want to know if i can switch my direction just by sliding between the left-right buttons, without having to lift my thumb everytime.