★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Apple buys stake in mobile graphics..

12-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Apple buys stake in mobile graphics..

Guys check out this news!

Doesn't this mean better games for us all in the nearest future or what?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10....html?tag=blgs

Wooohooo !!

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!
12-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Hopefully ....

I was reading an article that talks about the new PowerVR SBX chips which makes me hope that the next iPhone will be something extremely capable in terms of graphics and video.

An iPhone powered by this new PowerVR chip potentially could outperform the PSP by a margin and make it a true powerhouse.... Apple have publically stated their intention that the iPhone (and touch) is a gaming platform.
12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synagence View Post
Hopefully ....

I was reading an article that talks about the new PowerVR SBX chips which makes me hope that the next iPhone will be something extremely capable in terms of graphics and video.

An iPhone powered by this new PowerVR chip potentially could outperform the PSP by a margin and make it a true powerhouse.... Apple have publically stated their intention that the iPhone (and touch) is a gaming platform.
That's great news. The problem is, some people will still complain about the absent of control buttons and pads!

I wonder if Apple is thinking about that?

Personally, I don't really want to bring along extra accessories like the control buttons every time I go out!

That's why I bought the iPhone, anyway. An all-in-one features!

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Sounds great. Hope for more non-origins games!

Favourites: NfS, HoS, BIA, Real Racing, Knights Onrush, iDracula, X2 Football, F.A.S.T., Defender Chronicles, Sentinel 2, iBomber, Pocket God, Trism, Flight Control, Harbor Master, Sea Captain