★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sheeple 1.1 - Hurry Up Already!

09-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Sheeple 1.1 - Hurry Up Already!

The new version of Sheeple was approved this evening! New purchases can get 1.1 right now and the update for existing users should be available shortly. If you have been waiting to buy Sheeple, then wait no longer!

New Features
In this new version you are given the ability to prod the Sheeple! Prod the Sheeple to change the direction they are walking. You can also hurry the Sheeple along by nudging them in the direction they are already walking! The prodding feature sounds simple, but it drastically improves the gameplay! There are also 10 new levels that are very challenging and a new OpenFeint achievement for completing all 70 levels!

Updated Gameplay Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here is the help screen explaining the new feature.

You can find out more information about the game at either of the links below!

iTunes link ($0.99): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=329732332&mt=8
Game website: http://tomatofactory.com/games/sheeple

Upcoming Contest
We will be launching a contest tomorrow evening, so keep an eye on the "Promo Codes and Contests" forum! There will be multiple prizes that will interest both those that already own Sheeple and those that are still on the fence! What are you waiting for?! Go buy this awesome game now and be ready for the upcoming releases! Sheeple is ONLY $0.99! The next version is going to blow your socks off!

Sheeple Community
I am a developer that values and wants your input/feedback, so join our community today and help shape this game! I will be adding a section beginning with version 1.2 that will include credits for those that helped suggest features that are included in the new version!

I am currently deep in the development process of version 1.2. This version is going to take a week or so longer than I had originally hoped, but it will be well worth the wait. We are hoping for a mid-October release date. I have been spending a lot of time balancing the new level scoring features, updating existing levels, and adding all of the other new features! The new scoring system is awesome!

New features:
- Faster crate sliding
- Help screen page numbers (e.g. "3 of 8")
- The star explanation help screen will be updated to also show a gold star so that it's more clear
- Background music (same as in the gameplay video)
- Crate sliding sound effect (will have a different sound if sliding on grass vs a bridge)
- Update some of the levels that have hidden stars to be less challenging (i.e. additional tools and/or limiting possible obstacles)
- Medal rating for completed levels
- Timer changed to count up instead of down
- Leaderboards
- Way more achievements that will tie into the new level rating system
- New option on the main menu to "Quick Play" and play the next unplayed level or "Levels" to view level stats and select a specific level to play
- In-game tutorial to help introduce new gameplay elements
- Additional 10 levels
- Friend challenges
- Possibly a limited undo tool use feature

There is a lot that I'm not telling about the new level rating system, leaderboards, and friend challenges! This is going to be an incredible release, so don't miss out on the fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Help9.png
Views:	178
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	8415  
09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
WOW a few days early! Can't wait to go download my update!!!!!!

ADD: Oh my goodness the prodding feature is so much better than I could have hoped for!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you vhariable!

Last edited by New England Gamer; 09-29-2009 at 12:29 AM.

09-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I had been waiting eagerly for this update. Being to prod the sheeple makes the game more fun. The new levels have more sheeple; so, being able to direct them more forcefully is also helpful. Move it, sheeple! heh. Thanks for the update and the new levels, Vhariable.
09-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Just downloaded the update, looks like there are many improvements, and new levels too! Now off to try out the prod feature
09-29-2009, 09:17 AM
this game should be named SHEEPLE GOD

would get you more attention
09-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Just announced the contest for 1.1 here (prize is three $10 iTunes gift certificates - one per winner)!

@New England Gamer: It was the biggest missing element in 1.0 for sure!

@Ravenblack/@Squeaker: What did y'all think of the new prodding feature?

@rautha harkonnen: I'm sure it would get a lot more attention. Would be cool to do a cross over with Pocket God and have Pygmy Sheeples.
09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Sent my submission! Sheeple rules!
09-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I love the new prodding feature. One can effectively rush the sheeple along.

Waiting eagerly for v1.2, particularly for the faster crate sliding and of course, more puzzles.
09-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Prodding is great. I love the nudge feature too
Looking forward to faster crate sliding and more achievements.
Great work vhariable!
11-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm a bit late to jump in the thread. Really liked the idea of the game because it reminds me of lemmings (well, sheeple is not really lemmings), but it's a little similar in spirit.

Anyway, graphics are great but I must say that I find the controls a little sluggish. Sometimes I want to nudge a sheeple but I accidentally prod the dude. I'm actually a beta tester for iPharaoh and the mummies in that game is also controlled by touch and drag. Somehow I find the controls there better. One last comment: the animations for the meteor and fire are a little too long for my preference

All that aside, great job on the game. I'm only at level 10. Can't believe there are 60more levels still and I only paid 99cents for the game

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG