★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * NOTE: Download size is ~80 MB *

---

"As a fan of puzzle games, Im loving Stay, Mum..." - 4.5/5 AppAdvice

"Stay, Mum gets big points for its heartfelt presentation..." - 148Apps

"Stay, Mum is a tear-jerker..." - Kill Screen Daily

"...one of the best Best Mobile Games of 2015" - TechRadar

"...beautifully designed heartbreaking puzzle." - iPlayApps.de

---

Stay, Mum is an ordinary story about John, a young boy with an extraordinary imagination and his mother, who is busy trying to make a living for the two of them.

Stay, Mum will let you manipulate different blocks to form surreal shapes out of Johns wild imagination and explore the bittersweet relationship of John and his mother.

John means the world to his mother. But to meet their needs, his mother has to work very hard. So hard that she never finds time for him.
Johns loneliness is only cured by different blocks given to him by his mother. Why does the mother give him building blocks and what purpose do they hold?

ELEGANT
Minimalist and gorgeous visuals accompanied by smooth ambient sounds to lure you in.

EASY TO PLAY
Tap and move the blocks around to form shapes based on the outline shown before each level. When satisfied, tap a button to make them fall on the platform.
But - make sure they stay in shape when they hit the floor!

IMAGINATION IS THE LIMIT
Meet Johns friends as he imagines all sort of different beings in his 7 blocks, each with their own visuals and behaviour.
Use them at your aid to achieve complex shapes in more than 70 levels!

LEARN THE TRUTH
Johns mother leaves him different mysterious blocks to play with, to distract him from the fact that she has no time for him.
Learn the truth about why his mother has no time for her only son and how are the blocks going to help him.

iCloud
Play on one iOS device and synchronize your progress across all your iOS devices automatically.

touchy85's comments:

Stay, Mum

Lucid Labs
Genres: Games Adventure Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$2.99 USD

Quote:
Stay, Mum is an ordinary story about John, a young boy with an extraordinary imagination and his mother, who is busy trying to make a living for the two of them.

Stay, Mum will let you manipulate different blocks to form surreal shapes out of Johns wild imagination and explore the bittersweet relationship of John and his mother.

John means the world to his mother. But to meet their needs, his mother has to work very hard. So hard that she never finds time for him.
Johns loneliness is only cured by different blocks given to him by his mother. Why does the mother give him building blocks and what purpose do they hold?

ELEGANT
Minimalist and gorgeous visuals accompanied by smooth ambient sounds to lure you in.

EASY TO PLAY
Tap and move the blocks around to form shapes based on the outline shown before each level. When satisfied, tap a button to make them fall on the platform.
But - make sure they stay in shape when they hit the floor!

IMAGINATION IS THE LIMIT
Meet Johns friends as he imagines all sort of different beings in his 7 blocks, each with their own visuals and behaviour.
Use them at your aid to achieve complex shapes in more than 70 levels!

LEARN THE TRUTH
Johns mother leaves him different mysterious blocks to play with, to distract him from the fact that she has no time for him.
Learn the truth about why his mother has no time for her only son and how are the blocks going to help him.

iCloud
Play on one iOS device and synchronize your progress across all your iOS devices automatically.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 66.6MB

10-28-2015, 05:22 PM

10-28-2015, 05:23 PM
I'll have a proper review up later, but here's a little video where I question its very existence at the end:

Do not recommend.
10-28-2015, 05:51 PM
@AppUnwrapper, that looks painful to play. The gameplay looks so boring even for a puzzle. Does anything at all change in the gameplay to make it interesting? BTW, your comments at the end are hilarious! Lol!!!

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker

Last edited by coolpepper43; 10-28-2015 at 06:56 PM.
10-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
I'll have a proper review up later, but here's a little video where I question its very existence at the end:

YouTube: video

Do not recommend.
Thanks for the video. I don't want to be mean so I'll just say it's not for me. The game I mean, not the video.
10-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Yea. I've heard some pretty negative things about this game recently. I'd definitely recommend waiting for a review or watching a couple videos before buying.
10-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
@AppUnwrapper, that looks painful to play. The gameplay looks so boring even for a puzzle. Does anything at all change in the gameplay to make it interesting? BTW, your comments at the end are hilarious! Lol!!!
Not that much. I have a review written but I'm holding out till tonight. I just thought I should show some video since the trailer showed nothing about it.

Also, I should reiterate that I completed the whole game already except for the buggy level I pointed out. I really did not expect that to happen at the end, and that's a big part of the problem -- the physics don't make sense.

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 10-28-2015 at 08:11 PM.
10-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Wow, this game looks awful to play. And please don't jump in at me like "OH, you can't say that, you haven't played it!" By watching this video, I'd be doing exactly what AppUnwrapper in doing. And I was getting frustrated for her watching it. I was hotly anticipating this game, and by watching the gameplay, I can make absolutely no correlation between this touching-looking story with cute graphics, and by....stacking blocks and hoping that by some stroke of luck physics will be on my side. It just doesn't look like it makes any sense at all. I'll be dodging this one. Thanks for saving me 3 bucks, AppUnwrapper.
10-28-2015, 08:45 PM
I was also looking forward to this. The story and animations are great but the gameplay doesn't make sense. It seems like an odd choice. Even with the physics working correctly it does't look that great. What a let down.

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker
10-28-2015, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I was also looking forward to this. The story and animations are great but the gameplay doesn't make sense. It seems like an odd choice. Even with the physics working correctly it does't look that great. What a let down.
I was also looking forward to it, but I had no idea what the gameplay would be like. If it were just the shapes without the gravity thing, it might have been ok for little kids. But as it stands, I really can't imagine anyone of any age enjoying this.