★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DotEmu
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 562.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 2.5 (2)
App description: In Sanitarium you play an amnesiac thrust into a morbid, really creepy universe. After a car accident you wake up to find that instead of lying in a hospital, youre in an asylum with your head wrapped in bandages. Who the hell am I? What am I doing here? How do I escape? There endless questions eating away at you, and so too are the many puzzles youll need to resolve throughout this immersive, captivating adventure.

Featuring a rich, complex plot set in an intense world where a very thin line separates reason from madness, Sanitarium is a masterwork suitable for point-and-click beginners, experts and everyone who enjoys captivating storylines and horror games.

This version has not only been authentically recreated for mobile, but also enhanced with brand-new features:

Choose between touch mode and pad mode
A new easy-to-use interface specially adapted for touch devices
Automatic save system
Dynamic ON/OFF hint system
New inventory system
20 Achievements to unlock
Choose between full screen mode & original mode
3 languages available: English, French, German (voices and text)

Originally released in 1998 for PC and Adventure Game of the Year Winner, this timeless point-and-click horror game is a must-have for adventure game fans. Discover or rediscover one of the scariest games of all time with this mobile version you can play anywhere!

MORE ABOUT DOTEMU
facebook.com/dotemu
twitter.com/dotemu
youtube.com/dotemu

metalcasket's comments:

Sanitarium

DotEmu
Genres: Games Adventure Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$4.99 NZD

Quote:
In Sanitarium you play an amnesiac thrust into a morbid, really creepy universe. After a car accident you wake up to find that instead of lying in a hospital, you’re in an asylum with your head wrapped in bandages. Who the hell am I? What am I doing here? How do I escape? There endless questions eating away at you, and so too are the many puzzles you’ll need to resolve throughout this immersive, captivating adventure.

Featuring a rich, complex plot set in an intense world where a very thin line separates reason from madness, Sanitarium is a masterwork suitable for point-and-click beginners, experts and everyone who enjoys captivating storylines and horror games.

This version has not only been authentically recreated for mobile, but also enhanced with brand-new features:

• Choose between touch mode and pad mode
• A new easy-to-use interface specially adapted for touch devices
• Automatic save system
• Dynamic ON/OFF hint system
• New inventory system
• 20 Achievements to unlock
• Choose between full screen mode & original mode
• 3 languages available: English, French, German (voices and text)

Originally released in 1998 for PC and Adventure Game of the Year Winner, this timeless point-and-click horror game is a must-have for adventure game fans. Discover or rediscover one of the scariest games of all time with this mobile version you can play anywhere!

MORE ABOUT DOTEMU
facebook.com/dotemu
twitter.com/dotemu
youtube.com/dotemu

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 562.9MB

10-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Curious about this, any review?
10-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeycloud View Post
Curious about this, any review?
It's considered one of the best old school point 'n' click adventures games there is. I believe it was even pitted against Grim Fandango (my personal favorite game of all time) back in 1998. As always, with DotEmu's magic, this has the potential to be the definitive version of Sanitarium.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
It's considered one of the best old school point 'n' click adventures games there is. I believe it was even pitted against Grim Fandango (my personal favorite game of all time) back in 1998.
Loved grim fandango, grr I'm going to have to get this now, trailer made it look like sound is a must, think that'll be the case?
10-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Back in the day it was a must... It is from DotEmu though, so we know the port will be almost perfect.

I remember this was also considered one of the most disturbing during its time.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-28-2015, 06:15 PM
I got it in the end ;o
10-28-2015, 06:21 PM
I've just given in and bought Grim Fandango. I've never heard of it before the iOS version and couldn't decide if people were just viewing it through rose tinted glasses, or if it stands up as a good game today. Now this one comes out, it sounds like it might have a really deep and interesting story even if the graphics are a bit iffy, anyone know how well it works on ipad?

Like Her Story? Try Contradiction for iPad!

A few favourites: Contradiction. Desktop Dungeons. Til Morning's Light. Knights of Pen & Paper (1+2). Drylands. Paint it Back.
10-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Wow, one of my favourite PC games, which I played so long ago, and I am delighted to see it is being released on the iPad.

I will be hitting that buy button first thing tomorrow morning when it is released in NA. Yes, it IS a must buy to those who love old style point and click adventures.
10-28-2015, 06:32 PM
It should be out now, it is in the UK

Like Her Story? Try Contradiction for iPad!

A few favourites: Contradiction. Desktop Dungeons. Til Morning's Light. Knights of Pen & Paper (1+2). Drylands. Paint it Back.