★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Five Card Quest is a tactical role playing game designed to offer lots of challenge and replay value, while also being easy to control with one thumb. There are five cards in your hand, and every card you play is a different move for your team of heroes to carry out.

Dungeons and battles are randomly generated, making every game different. Create a party of adventurers out of 5 different character classes, each with their own strengths. Plan out your moves in a game about decisive turn-based combat and working out strategies around uncertainty.

If you're very careful and a little lucky, you may be able to defeat the Golden King. You might even get rich in the process.

More Features:
- Turn based battles let you agonize about each move and/or play it on the subway.
- Difficult to win, easy to play.
- Card game inspired battle system. You must plan based on what you have in your hand.
- Fast paced combat, especially for the genre. Both you and enemies do lots of damage.
- 16 different enemy types, all with different movesets and behaviors.

This is our first game in the turn based RPG genre. We'd like to make more!

Help us out, let us know what you think about Five Card Quest and contact us at:
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
10-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Oh, weird. This wasn't supposed to hit until midnight.

I'll be watching the thread to see what everyone thinks! It's my first time making a tactical RPG, and I was trying to go for an interesting battle system for this one. My goal was to have a system where you had to think out your moves due to high difficulty and a focus on interrupting high damage enemies.

We have at least one update planned, maybe more if the game does ok. I'd also like to make a more story-based RPG in the future, so feedback for this game will help towards the next one. Five Card Quest is more about fighting through random battles in dungeons.

RocketCat Games: Creators of Death Road to Canada, Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Champ
Check out our new game Death Road to Canada at http://www.deathroadtocanada.com
@rocketcatgames on Twitter

10-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Screw everything else that is happened on iOS recently. Kepa released a game. Didn't think this was coming so soon!

Stopped playing Bloodbourne and switched to this instantly!

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
10-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Seem pretty underwhelming. Any imps?
10-28-2015, 09:55 PM
I love it myself I just came across it and bought it right away it is a little confusing at first but as the description said easy to play hard to win describes it very well I'm already addicted
10-28-2015, 10:00 PM
I buy anything Rocketcat makes, been a big fan since the Hook Champ days. Congrats on another game to sink countless hours into.
10-28-2015, 10:08 PM
Here we go ....
10-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Oh my... This has officially made my day off complete!
10-28-2015, 10:26 PM
Hell yeah, instabuy!!!!
10-28-2015, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
I love it myself I just came across it and bought it right away it is a little confusing at first but as the description said easy to play hard to win describes it very well I'm already addicted
Let me know what was confusing! I do think we should have done more tutorial-ing, but I wanted to see if we could get by with having just a drop-right-in sort of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagle86 View Post
Hell yeah, instabuy!!!!
Where the HELL is Maglor

RocketCat Games: Creators of Death Road to Canada, Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Champ
Check out our new game Death Road to Canada at http://www.deathroadtocanada.com
@rocketcatgames on Twitter