★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In Between is a fascinating game filled with excellent design and an enjoyable narrative
Indiegamemag.com

"If you're keen on gravity-based puzzles, it's definitely one to check out."
4/5 - 148Apps.com

In Between is an atmospheric, award-winning platformer where you solve mind-bending puzzles by manipulating your surroundings and gravity itself.

60 CHALLENGING LEVELS

In Between is set inside the mind of a man hit by a cruel twist of fate. Together you are on a journey through the protagonist's head, a world that doesnt obey the laws of physics. Free your mind and defy gravity in more than 60 compelling and unique puzzles, requiring all your wits and agility.

GAMEPLAY CHANGING STAGES

As you follow the protagonist stumbling through the stages of accepting his own mortality, new mechanics are introduced. Each stage offers unique gameplay reflecting the emotions that surface when the protagonist copes with his fate.

A TOUCHING STORY

Every human has a story to tell. But you never know when the story ends. Be invited to learn about the protagonists life and his struggle for a happy ending. In Between features interactive story sequences and a profound narrator immersing you into a life of downfalls and moments of happiness.

ENTIRELY HANDMADE

Much effort was put into detail to feature a unique art style with every asset made entirely by hand. Every scenery is a painting, providing a beautiful frame for a tragic story. This also extends to sound design and music featuring unusual and interactive soundscapes.

FEATURES

- 2D based, story driven Puzzle Platformer
- Mechanics derived from thanatology
- 4-way gravity alteration / physics based gameplay
- Static and dynamic obstacles, reacting to players actions
- Interactive story sequences

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram:
www.facebook.com/HeadupGames
www.twitter.com/headupgames
www.instagram.com/headupgames

If you have problems with the game or feedback please send an email to: support@headupgames.com
10-28-2015, 10:17 PM
Very intrigued by this one, shows quite a few signs of being something pretty special.

10-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Does the world end next week? Why is every game coming out this week?
10-29-2015, 12:36 AM
Cool cool cool cool
10-29-2015, 12:54 AM
Remember reading a bit on this somewhere. May d/l in a bit.
10-29-2015, 02:38 AM
So many good games releasing lately. This looks really cool!
10-29-2015, 03:33 AM
10-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Dude, another game this week that looks amazing, that's like 6 premium games so far for me yep going broke
10-30-2015, 06:06 AM
I'm only on the second set of levels right now, but this has everything it takes to become a classic indie title. I have no idea how this hasn't blown up on both mobile and PC.

First of all, I have to tip my hat to the developer for not only choosing to use an African American protagonist, but for also tackling such a dark subject such as lung cancer. I lost both of my uncles to lung cancer (the ones on my mom's side) and it's a subject that hits way too close to home. I can only hope, as implied, that there's a happy ending to this story.

I'm not going to get into too much detail, but it's a gorgeous game, with downright haunting music, fantastic voiceovers and best of all, impeccable level design.

Highly recommended.

Note: Around 770 MBs installed.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I'm only on the second set of levels right now, but this has everything it takes to become a classic indie title. I have no idea how this hasn't blown up on both mobile and PC.

First of all, I have to tip my hat to the developer for not only choosing to use an African American protagonist, but for also tackling such a dark subject such as lung cancer. I lost both of my uncles to lung cancer (the ones on my mom's side) and it's a subject that hits way too close to home. I can only hope, as implied, that there's a happy ending to this story.

I'm not going to get into too much detail, but it's a gorgeous game, with downright haunting music, fantastic voiceovers and best of all, impeccable level design.

Highly recommended.

Note: Around 770 MBs installed.
100% agree. What an indie classic. This game has huge production values. I cannot believe this game didn't get featured. It's such a powerful story plus the gameplay is very solid. A steal at the asking price. I just started but I can tell this game is VERY special.