★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nitrome
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 42.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: "I stare at the horizon every night before I sleep hoping to catch a glimpse of the lighthouse.The light reminds me of Grandpa and my summer visits playing on the cliffs. That warm life saving beacon not only saves ships, it keeps me safe too. Grandpas there just across the water watching over me.

But the lighthouse hasn't shone now for days and the fog is thick! What's happened? It's time to visit Grandpa!"

Beneath the lighthouse is a serene puzzle action game about a boy in search of his lost Grandpa. Your journey will take you through mysterious mechanical wheels that lay beneath the lighthouse!

**Beneath The Lighthouse is optimized for iPhone5, iPad3, iPad mini2 and iPod Touch 5G or Newer. You can try it on older devices, but we cant guarantee a smooth rolling experience!

-This game is free to play or can be unlocked to a premium experience-

Free to Play:

We use advertising to monetise the experience. There are no coins/gems/booster to pay for or timers. The free version of the game contains a lives system which is carefully balanced to be fair but that makes the game slightly harder than premium.

Premium unlock:

We offer a single iAP to unlock the game to a premium experience. The premium version contains no 3rd party ads and we remove the lives system.

This game contains cross promotion for other Nitrome games and this is not removed with the IAP for removal of ads.

Boardumb's comments:

10-29-2015, 01:07 AM
Aha! So Nitromes new entry is in the vein of "Yet it Moves"? Awesome..

10-29-2015, 01:09 AM
I've officially lost my mind. This is one of best weeks for ios releases in many moons. I am going to have to get a loan from the bank to keep up, I feel spoiled.

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker
10-29-2015, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I've officially lost my mind. This is one of best weeks for ios releases in many moons. I am going to have to get a loan from the bank to keep up, I feel spoiled.
Ha ha, yeah, same here. For those curious, the premium unlock (no ads, unlimited lives) is $3.99
10-29-2015, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Yup... This week is incredible.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-29-2015, 01:53 AM
Oh Nitrome how you never disappoint me. Even though it's free I'll probably wait till my money is recharged before downloading as I must have the premium unlocks too.
10-29-2015, 02:19 AM

The art-style is incredible again. First impressions though, the tilting control mechanics are maybe not precise enough.
10-29-2015, 03:59 AM
It's a nice game with really great graphics.

For those who are interested, this is based on one of Nitrome's earliest flash games, Roly Poly. I remember playing that ages ago and loving it, Nitrome has been producing quality games even from their early beginnings. There are a quite a few other flash games of theirs that I definitely wouldn't mind seeing revamped for mobile!
10-29-2015, 04:43 AM
How many levels are there?
10-29-2015, 05:04 AM

finally i can throw some money on these guys. they always delivered quality and never disappointed. this game is no different, really great puzzle platformer, the artwork and background music is just great. please if you still have some money one your itunes credits just buy the premium iap to unlock the full game without ads and unlimited lives.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2