★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Disgusted with Iron Man and Lego Batman

12-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Disgusted with Iron Man and Lego Batman

This two games are just terrible - in particular the Batman one - and I am really upset that the companies didn't bother making true ports or even original versions for the iphone/touch. If the iphone/touch is to be treated as a true mobile console, then crap like this shouldn't stand, as the two titles probably screwed a number of impulse buyers and are poor reflections of the iphone's capabilites and often trusting relationship with the developers (you think ngmoco would let that stand???). Goodwill is something that's very difficult to repair, and I don't want to see consumers swindled,- which could cause future distrust towards other, legitimate iphone developers - because an average consumer probably believes that a Legos Batman game is...just that and not some lame compilation of dull puzzles that even my nephew couldn't stand.

I am actually offended by the games - they remind me of those terrible third party titles feauturing an anime Link for the CDi (I think that's the console. The Angry Video Game Nerd recently did a pretty good review). And at least there was some actual game play in those games as opposed to Iron Man's frozen point and shoot and...whatever the f is going on in Lego Batman.

Ironman PSP $19.99

Youtube link | Pop Up

Ironman iphone $7.99

Last edited by salsamd; 12-22-2008 at 11:55 AM.
12-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Having not played either game, I can only go by what others have said. Iron Man does have a bit of a following. Sure, some people don't like the simplicity, but others do. And at least they have attempted to create nice graphics/sound etc. I think this games worth boils down to personal preference. I actually quite like the look of it.
As for Lego Batman, I completely agree. A completely lazy attempt by the looks of it.

12-22-2008, 09:39 AM
This ties in with my argument about overpriced games - these cost a lot of money, yet they suck. I bet the OP feels short changed because of this, and thus lazy games like these should have a lower price.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
12-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
This ties in with my argument about overpriced games - these cost a lot of money, yet they suck. I bet the OP feels short changed because of this, and thus lazy games like these should have a lower price.
Yes it also ties in with what I said on that thread, that sometimes it boils down to personal preference. Some people have bought Iron Man and are pleased with their purchase. Can't say the same about LB though.
12-22-2008, 09:44 AM
I didn't buy both of this games soooo.. no comment.

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!
12-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Star Wars force unleashed was another that had promise but failed to deliver
12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I impulse purchased Lego Batman (almost crapped myself when I saw it was released on toucharcade) and bought Iron Man due to some mixed reviews. Iron Man is definitely a better game and has some pretty graphics; still, it's a huge disappointment and Lego Batman goes beyond pathetic.

Last edited by Vende; 12-22-2008 at 10:10 AM.
12-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vende View Post
Iron Man is definitely a better game and has some pretty graphics; still, it's a huge disappointment
In your opinion, does it disappoint as a game in it's own right (in other words is the game flawed with what it is trying to achieve?), or does it disappoint because you are comparing it to the console versions?
12-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synagence View Post
Star Wars force unleashed was another that had promise but failed to deliver
i havent tried that whats bad about it, i was thinking of buying it but keep seeing these comments saying its crap, kinda glad now
12-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Its not that its particularly bad .... its just that its not particularly good.

Very average ... static backdrops with a 3d character running around with a few force moves which kinda get repetitive and its way short.