Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KineticBlur, Oct 30, 2015.

1. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

Anyone looking forward to this as much as I am? T-11 days to go!!

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Definitely and have myself a copy preordered, I'm just going to enjoy walking the wastelands and doing all the side quests for a bit, if anything like FO3, NV and Skyrim then that's where the fun will be.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I kinda am but honestly I've a feeling I'll end up waiting for the GOTY edition, reviews may sway me.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    For the type of game it is I don't see a 5 minute video really telling you much.

6. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    What do you actually do in this game? As far as I can tell you just shoot things into a million bloody chunks.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm referring to the fact that there is bland room after bland room that all look pretty much exactly the same. Even the ramps up to the next floor are exactly the same. Toss in the occasional shoot a bad guy that is the same. May be an indication of the repetition you are in for. Or maybe not. But the leaked footage definitely isn't impressive.

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Ah right, I didn't actually think you were being that judgemental initially.

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It'll be pretty classic Bethesda RPG, if you've played Oblivion, Skyrim and (I'm guessing not) Fallout 3 or Fallout NV you should have an idea of what to expect. You'll have a main storyline which is typically secondary, plus a ton of well worked side stories and exploration. The type of RPG were you can play for over a hundred hours and still find new things.

10. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I've never played a Fallout game. But looking at videos/impressions it seems to be my type of game.

Should I play any of the other Fallouts before jumping straight to 4?

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I wouldn't think it would matter much they all seem pretty self contained stories in the same world although they are definitely worth a play if you have a spare few months .

If you wanted to learn the mechanics or can't wait for 4 I'd suggest Fallout New Vegas as it's the more recent game.

12. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Ah thanks. I was mostly concerned about the story. I'll think about it.

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    GOG has a sale on FO3/FNV for those unsure of what it is

14. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The Pipboy app is out (search Pipboy), it can be run in demo mode for the time being (click demo mode) and will give a taste of what to expect as far as character statistics go.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  16. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    So I'm going for a Big Boss-esque character in my first playthrough, any ideas to distribute my initial SPECIAL points?

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Enjoying this so far, some of the ways new things are taking a little getting used to, I might be missing something but don't seem to need to repair stuff other than the power armour components, which I miss the management of a bit. The settlement management thing is pretty cool, while I probably won't get into it too much for a bit I can see myself constructing the ultimate settlement latter on and focusing on that when I'm a bit bored.

Love everything else, good fun.

18. windwarz

windwarz Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Well yeah it's also gonna take some time getting used to the new gameplay. Haha this game is sooo gonna take some of my precious time XD

Maybe a bit late reply for this, but if you want 10 points on a SPECIAL stat, invest only 8 in it while creating your character – you’ll be able to raise it later using a bobblehead and the "You’re SPECIAL" skill book.

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Lol, just found out the game has a cover system it never tells you about.