★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Join Ogden and the heroes of Westeria in this classic JRPG epic, Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice. Travel through the frozen wastelands of Tundaria, experiencing action packed battles without random encounters, using spatially aware Area-of-Effect attacks and power moves. Travel by pirate ship, defending against enemies in thrilling ship-to-ship rock monster combat! Defeat oncoming hordes of demons and huge bosses that threaten the entire world of Dragon Fantasy.
10-30-2015, 07:47 AM
Woah! This week never ends!

10-30-2015, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Woah! This week never ends!
Lol. I know! I'm still trying to get through last weeks avalanche of games!
10-30-2015, 08:08 AM
My card is getting a workout this week. I'm new to this one. Love jrpgs especially DQ which this one seems to use as inspiration. Played about an hour so far and liking it a lot!
10-30-2015, 10:41 AM
I absolutely loved the first one and still play it now and again. Never left one of my devices. I've been waiting two years for this, so I bought it in a heart beat! I really enjoy the Chrono Trigger style compared to the first DF's Dragon Quest style. Such great homages.

And thank you so much Muteki for the addition of a DS-like dual screen Portrait mode. That is one of the coolest additions! I'd love to see it added to the first, but not if it would be too much work. I'm just thankful to finally get a chance to play this one on my iPhone.
10-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Just a portrait mode shot. Almost like a DS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	95609  
10-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Ok. This looks like an instabuy for me. Anybody been playing for a few? The comment on "mixed reviews" is making me hesitate, but it also mentions that they took the time to address the issues. (Go devs). What are we thinking?
10-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Instanbuy !!!

As a huge fan of the first game (still on device since its release), that's no reflexion !

Get it fast before increasing price !
10-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervasio View Post
Ok. This looks like an instabuy for me. Anybody been playing for a few? The comment on "mixed reviews" is making me hesitate, but it also mentions that they took the time to address the issues. (Go devs). What are we thinking?
Same here. I googled the reviews for its original release and they are pretty universally terrible. Not buying that they "went back and changed it" much.
10-30-2015, 11:47 AM
The original game on PS3/PSVita *WAS* terrible, and it deserved its terrible reviews. We were rushed into releasing it well before I wanted it out, due to business reasons and the fact that our studio had pretty much completely run out of money. So when DF2 launched and sucked and got terrible reviews for being buggy as all hell, we went out of business pretty much immediately. I fell into a pretty deep depression for about six months, but after that I started tinkering with it slowly. I paid a friend to read the reviews (because I couldn't bring myself to) and make a list of all the things I needed to fix. It took like twenty months of mostly my spare time (my new employer Choice Provisions paid me and our art director Kevin for two months to add the new boss and 3DS/Wii U support), but the game we put out today is the game I wanted to put out two years ago. I hope you'll give it a chance, but if not, at least I've got the closure I needed on it!