★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cimu
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 100.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: * Runestone Keeper is designed for iPhone 5 and above. It is NOT compatible with iPhone 4s and below.

Runestone Keeper

By Blackfire

EDITORS CHOICE - APP OF THE YEAR 2015, Creativity Award, SLIDE DB
BEST GAMEPLAY WINNER - 2014 Unity Awards, Greater China
Featured by Steam
Featured by Mac App Store

"A great casual roguelite/puzzle experience for those that love games that you can play in short bursts. All the unlockables will keep dragging you back."
- Roguelikes (Steam Curators)

"Addictive, smart and punishing puzzle/dungeon crawler. Lots to master and unlock but you're always challenged. Improves upon its inspiration, Dungelot."
- Original Curators Group (Steam Curators)

"An absolutely addictive puzzler, having that sublime 'one more turn!' feeling. And before you know it, hours has passed by."
- Nefer (Gamer)

"You can eat pizza with one hand and play this video game with the other. It's good."
- Megerz (Gamer)

Runestone Keeper is a challenging roguelike to roguelite dungeon crawler that blends classic role playing elements and turn-based combat strategy.
Dive into the dungeon roguelite-ness and begin your very own epic adventure! Grab your rucksack, sharpen those dusty swords, step into the dark chamber and fight for glory!

== Features ==

Randomly Generated Dungeon Elements Almost everything is generated differently each time you start a new 'run' to ensure a unique experience!

Prefix and Suffix Based Equipment Loot comes with random yet rare prefixes and suffixes. Combat, collect and combine for an ultimate killer suit!

Diverse Monster Mixes - Tread lightly, or be ganged upon by monsters with complementary abilities that might drive you crazy.

Items, Traps, Devices and Events - Opportunities for a favorable turn even at the most desperate moment. Choose wisely and use unwelcoming surroundings to your advantage!

Heroes and Goddesses Create your heros attributes build! Sacrifice to receive your mighty Gods blessing (and later betray him to check out his fury)!

Modes and Leaderboards - Multiple modes to choose from. Check yourself among all the dungeon adventurers in a global ranking system.

A Challenging Experience - Prepare to have a tragic (not to mention permanent) death.

Follow us on Twitter @runestonekeeper

Royce's comments:

Release Trailer (from the PC version):

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-31-2015, 05:33 AM
Looks like a more indepth brother to Dungelot. Anyone dive in yet? This looks really good.

10-31-2015, 08:08 AM
The IAP are to unlock playable characters early all but two of these characters can be earned in game by achieving what it takes to unlock them ( reach a certain floor etc) this game is very similar to dungelot but so much better and with a lot more to it. If you loved dungelot don't hesitate to pick this up I am really enjoying it

Last edited by Repulsa; 10-31-2015 at 10:51 AM.
10-31-2015, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
The IAP are to unlock playable characters early all of these characters can be earned in game by achieving what it takes to unlock them ( reach a certain floor etc) this game is very similar to dungelot but so much better and with a lot more to it. If you loved dungelot don't hesitate to pick this up I am really enjoying it
If it wasnt Ipad only I would.
10-31-2015, 01:35 PM
So far I'm liking this. It does play similarly to Dungelot, but it seems deeper so far. I will keep going and see where I end up. It has a few minor spelling errors but the instructions are pretty clear.
10-31-2015, 02:09 PM
Deeper more interesting versions of dungelot. Game is really fun
10-31-2015, 02:34 PM
:-( no iphone
10-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
While the game isn't all that complicated, the tutorial leaves a lot to be desired. If anyone is interested, there is a wiki that does a pretty good job of explaining things that I was trying to figure out when I started playing:
http://runestonekeeper.wikia.com/wik...ne_Keeper_Wiki

It's too late.
10-31-2015, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
So far I'm liking this. It does play similarly to Dungelot, but it seems deeper so far. I will keep going and see where I end up. It has a few minor spelling errors but the instructions are pretty clear.
Considering how much time and care goes into coding an application, I'm always surprised when developers allow programs into the wild with spelling errors. That seems to be the most obvious and easiest thing to fix that should have been eliminated in beta.
10-31-2015, 04:36 PM
So foolish to make it iPad only .. Major mistake as far as I'm concerned.
Tony