★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games similar to Agent A : a puzzle in disguise

11-01-2015, 07:39 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,761
Games similar to Agent A : a puzzle in disguise

I realized I like this game a lot .
Didn't know I would enjoy this type of game.
Anyone know what the exact genre I would look up?
Also anyone know of any others like this?

[QUOTE=TastyTadpoles;3715248]
11-02-2015, 02:41 AM
#2
Depends what part of the game you like. It fits mostly into the point-n-click adventure genre, so you might want to start checking out games of that type. Forever Lost, The Lost City (Firemaple), and Botanicula are some good examples of the genre, and they're all quite different.

If you like the whole trapped in a room/building concept, then I'd highly recommend Kotorinosu's games. Room Gamma in particular is outstanding, but all of his room escapes are brilliant.

If you're into a more mysterious atmosphere but with a similar premise, try the Cube Escape series. I'd say the ones worth playing are Cube Escape: Seasons, Cube Escape: Case 23, and Cube Escape: The Mill, but the others are good too if not very memorable.

If you're more into the fiddling with contraptions part of the game, you can of course try The Room series which is a staple of the genre. Puzzle House Mystery Rising is also a very good game that's often overlooked.

A game with similar art direction and gameplay is the Dr. Stanley's House series. They're a bit less polished than Agent A but they have a ripper story (minus a bit of odd translation) and pretty good puzzles. The first game in the series is underwhelming but the second and third are great.

Hope this helps!

Links:
Lost City $3 AUD
Forever Lost $6 AUD per episode.
Botanicula $8 AUD
Room Gamma FREE! All of Kotorinosu's games are free.
Cube Escape FREE! The whole series is free.
The Room $2 and $5 AUD.
Puzzle House Mystery Rising $3 AUD
Dr. Stanley's House First two eps are free, the third is $3 AUD.

Last edited by TheGreatEscaper; 11-02-2015 at 02:58 AM.

11-02-2015, 09:31 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,761
Wow this is great . Thanks for taking the time and writing this because I realized there were different types and didn't know what to ask .

Going to check these out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Depends what part of the game you like. It fits mostly into the point-n-click adventure genre, so you might want to start checking out games of that type. Forever Lost, The Lost City (Firemaple), and Botanicula are some good examples of the genre, and they're all quite different.

If you like the whole trapped in a room/building concept, then I'd highly recommend Kotorinosu's games. Room Gamma in particular is outstanding, but all of his room escapes are brilliant.

If you're into a more mysterious atmosphere but with a similar premise, try the Cube Escape series. I'd say the ones worth playing are Cube Escape: Seasons, Cube Escape: Case 23, and Cube Escape: The Mill, but the others are good too if not very memorable.

If you're more into the fiddling with contraptions part of the game, you can of course try The Room series which is a staple of the genre. Puzzle House Mystery Rising is also a very good game that's often overlooked.

A game with similar art direction and gameplay is the Dr. Stanley's House series. They're a bit less polished than Agent A but they have a ripper story (minus a bit of odd translation) and pretty good puzzles. The first game in the series is underwhelming but the second and third are great.

Hope this helps!

Links:
Lost City $3 AUD
Forever Lost $6 AUD per episode.
Botanicula $8 AUD
Room Gamma FREE! All of Kotorinosu's games are free.
Cube Escape FREE! The whole series is free.
The Room $2 and $5 AUD.
Puzzle House Mystery Rising $3 AUD
Dr. Stanley's House First two eps are free, the third is $3 AUD.
11-03-2015, 03:55 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Excellent list!

I'd add the great (but short) "The Trace" by Relentless Software:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trace-murder-mystery-game/id933236570?mt=8

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
11-03-2015, 04:42 AM
#5
Besides Agent A and The Room, only these three point'n'click games hold my attention up to the finish line...

Beneath a Steel Sky
Gemini Rue
The Silent Age

Edit: i new there was one...
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=41704

Last edited by Qwertz555; 11-03-2015 at 05:11 AM.
11-03-2015, 04:46 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Excellent list!

I'd add the great (but short) "The Trace" by Relentless Software:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trace-murder-mystery-game/id933236570?mt=8
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that one! It's also a nicely crafted one.
11-03-2015, 04:47 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Besides Agent A and The Room, only these three point'n'click games hold my attention up to the finish line...

Beneath a Steel Sky
Gemini Rue
The Silent Age
Played through the first chapter of Silent Age and it didn't quite grab me. I've never played the other two - I'll check em out!