Ready, Aim, Fish - An intense arcade fishing game. Harpoon insanely weird fish.
Ready, Aim, Fish - Hunt for weird and wonderful fish using a computerized harpoon gun in this intense, side-on arcade fishing game. Use accuracy to catch fish, use speed to reel them in.
Hi Touch Arcade community! My team, Floor Boy Games, and I are releasing our first game, Ready, Aim, Fish to the iPhone on the 18th of November.
A little about the game:
Ready, Aim, Fish is an intense arcade fishing game for the iPhone where you hunt for bizarre fish using a computerized harpoon gun. Aim carefully to catch multiple fish in a side on lake view. Reel your catch in by quickly swiping the command prompts of your computerised harpoon gun. Earn fame and gold as you explore, catch and sell your fish in the rugged lakes of Shiverpine Mountain.
Features of Ready, Aim, Fish:
- 45 insanely weird and wonderful fish that all have a set of randomly created fins, tails and flair. All varying in value!
- Upgrades for your harpoon gun, sonar and boat!
- Awesome old school pixel art style!
- 4 Different lakes that have rare and unique fish
- Addictive and simple aiming, shooting and reeling gameplay!
- Chill and groovy soundtrack!
Why we made this game:
We decided to create a game that will have a lot of design challenges to overcome. Fishing games have a lot of flawed design traps as they attempt to capture real life fishing. They seem to follow this pattern: "Cast fishing line, wait, see a generic looking fish, wait, doesn’t take bait, wait, tug line, wait, takes the bait randomly, reel in by holding joystick in opposite direction of the fish” They just seem to be boring and too random.
How our game is different:
- Make it side on so you can see and choose what fish you want to catch, not randomly catch fish
- Us a harpoon gun instead of a rod so you don’t have to wait for fish to take bait
- Make the fish extremely interesting so it's satisfying to catch them
- Design a reeling system that isn’t dependant on random fish movement
- Make it fast pace so there is no waiting around
Floor Boy Games is an Indie development team from Melbourne, Australia.
Director, Background Art, Game - Ben Harmon
Programming, Game - Ryan Commins
Character Animation/Art, Sound Design, Game - Damian La Fauci
Music - Eden Altman
For a copy of the game email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press kit: http://www.readyaimfish.com/press-kit/
Last edited by Floor Boy; 11-17-2015 at 05:17 PM.