★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: IAP now unlocked.

"I've been getting pretty good at Dockit Rocket; it really helped once I figured out my playing style and [got] the right rocket for my style. Also, when I approached the game more as an actual arcade game, which requires effort and concentration, I started to really enjoy it." --Davy

"This is a stunningly polished, beautiful colored and well presented homage to old arcade times. Really, such an outstanding work of a single Dev where you see and feel how much love and thoughts he put in. Congrats!" --Qwertz555

"One of the hardest games for me. I really like the graphics and the arcade feel." --Jayg2015

"Holy cow this game is hard. Really liking the style of it!" --RossmanBrothersGames

Dockit Rocket is a one-touch, high-score-chaser, endless-arcade, available for Apple TV and iOS.

Features:
- Choose from seven specialized rockets to amp up your game-play.
- A brand-new level is created every hour, exactly the same level for everyone world-wide, regardless of location or device.
- Features a barcode scanner that generates a unique level; scan as many as you like for an endless supply of content.
- A bar-code scanned level captured on your iOS device will sync with your Apple TV version via iCloud if you sign into the same account.
- Power ups: F = fuel, S = shield, L = laser, $ = points, Heart = extra life.

krankyrobot's comments:

Dockit Rocket - Endless Arcade
by Kranky Robot
Genres: Games Arcade Family Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Also for tvOS

11-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Download this early release

11-03-2015, 04:19 AM
This is a stunningly polished, beautiful colored and well presented homage to old arcade times. Really, such an outstanding work of a single Dev where you see and feel how much love and thoughts he put in. Congrats!

This old "deformed" arcade screen feels so lively, as if i would sit in front of one right now...or back then. Amazing.
You have the option to switch the screen size to today's flat look, though.

I'm not so sure about the responsive and good "lunarlandflappish" gameplay though. How long will it keep me going. I mean, there are so frustratingly hard levels, determined for rage quitting, no doubt. I'm also not so quite sure how to handle a new layout every hour. Comes in handy if a level seems unbeatable, of course. No long and real exercise possible to get better, somehow...hmm.

A total cool service and roundup would have been an option to try out those other iap-ships ($1 each) with a little test-screen, try before you buy. I really will buy one or two new ships to support this loveletter, but i can't decide yet. Wondering if the last ship unlocks for free after buying all other five?

And what about this barcode scanner? Is this a separate game mode which i can replay for ages, and will this go on the same leaderboard. Though that wouldn't be all to fair, imho.

This ultra fast loading app has a little installed MB 8.5 and comes with a speedy huge replay "button". Thanks for that, too!

A very welcomed distraction from my Dust time and highly recommended to give it a try.
11-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Definitely looks cool. Downloading it now.
11-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
...I mean, there are so frustratingly hard levels, determined for rage quitting, no doubt. I'm also not so quite sure how to handle a new layout every hour. Comes in handy if a level seems unbeatable, of course....
This level right atm...rage pur...but only with my bought Green Rocket, lol.
This ship's little bit more weight, with the same thruster as the default Yellow, makes it impossible to pass the incredible narrow layout. A faster thrust, or less weight, is essential here.
Btw, made the docking on my first try with Yellow.

Though i have one fuel more with the Green, it seems to cancel due to more weight. I have to play longer now to weigh up which other ship might be a good and clever choice.
11-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Qwertz555, great feedback!

1) The Green Rocket is my favorite, but do you think I need to add more fuel? I'm looking into adding the "test-screen try before you buy idea. And yes, the Super Rocket is unlocked with the purchase of the other ones.

2) I like the idea of adding a second leaderboard for the "bar-code levels; I'm adding that to the next update. The bar-code feature creates a specific level that you play as long as you like. So yes, while some players love the challenge of mastering a level in an hour, the bar-code allows players as much time as they like.
11-03-2015, 06:03 PM
This is a classic love or hate it game.
It's all about memorizing and timing to beat a level. The fuel is not given to linger in space once you missed a passage. Oh, and every pixel turns magnetical, blocks, shoots or jumps at you in the meanwhile.
So, yes, more fuel please. It would be nice to get a chance to iron out one or better two little mistakes, otherwise we'll be playing only two or three levels the most, and i'm the current leader with reaching level 4...once only!

It only would be fair to have a separate barcode leaderboard. To play a permanent layout is a clear advantage. Hope you'll get enough downloads to justify more effort on this game.
*cough cough, endless mode*

If you think Flappy Bird was tough...rofl.
11-03-2015, 09:29 PM
By "endless" do you mean no-docking? ever? Way-to-go on reaching round 4!
11-03-2015, 09:37 PM
One of the hardest games for me . I really like the graphics and the arcade feel
11-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
One of the hardest games for me . I really like the graphics and the arcade feel
Glad you like it! I'm working on an update.