★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SK planet
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: 'A strategic card game right in your palms!'

---
"Ive been waiting for a turn based card battle game that allowed you to create your own deck for some time...

This reminds me of a cross between Baten Kaitos for the GC in terms of battling mixed with creature sumoning of pokemon/yugioh, mixed with the modifier magic spells of MtG. Besides that unique combination of the best elements of other popular card battle games, Soul Card Master also allows you to create a custom deck- which sets this apart from other iphone card battlers and adds unlimited replay value. Also you can combine cards to unlock new ones, further adding to the depth and replayability.

The story is surprisingly engaging, although you have the option to skip it if its not your thing, or if you're on a second playthrough. The retro style graphics are a nice fit as well. Also you can have up to three game saves which is awesome.

I was skeptical with the 2.99 price tag, but it's a steal for a game this robust and addictive and I would 100% recommend it to any card battle/ RPG fans."
--- TouchArcade

Soul card Master is a trading card game based on a story in a fantasy world with beasts, ghosts, humans and other type of creatures and magic.
The Card Master, should tactically set out his original card deck as strategies will determine the win or loss of the game.

*************** Feature ******************
- The cards can be earned through a battle or purchased from the shop. This way, you can create your own card deck.
- You can travel through many regions and find out their characteristics. This helps you create your own card deck.
- 30 different characters will show up as your enemies.
09-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Finally a decent CCG on the iphone? Anybody wanting to TOFTT?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

09-29-2009, 08:07 AM
I am probably going to but wont be able to get impressions till after I finish my test.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Have at it LG! Seriously though, could this scratch that Orions itch?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Have at it LG! Seriously though, could this scratch that Orions itch?
No clue if this is something very simplistic with only 20 cards (they never mention this usually most important stat for a CCG) nor if the various creatures have any abilities (they may just be 3 basic stats as shown in the one screenshot) but I know that means none of Orions weird-ass base building.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
No clue if this is something very simplistic with only 20 cards (they never mention this usually most important stat for a CCG) nor if the various creatures have any abilities (they may just be 3 basic stats as shown in the one screenshot) but I know that means none of Orions weird-ass base building.
Yeah, this certainly appeals to me on a base level, but for various reasons I have to become one of those people I used to get annoyed with, namely those who have to seriously consider a 3 dollar purchase. I'll keep my eyes on it, and if anyone gets it, please post impressions.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Hmm...looks interesting. Not many CCG type games on the app store. I guess I'll give it a try. I'll post some impressions later.
09-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiemac View Post
Hmm...looks interesting. Not many CCG type games on the app store. I guess I'll give it a try. I'll post some impressions later.
decided to hold off....looking forward to your impressions

09-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Here are my impressions of this game after playing it for about 5 minutes.

A little bit of the story line: You play a card mage fresh out of school. Presumably, you must defeat The Dark Mage, who is mentioned in the story intro at the start of the game.

The english used is a bit broken, but not bad.

The first battle is a tutorial about how to battle.

During a turn, you can:
- Select up to 2 creature cards to summon. The battle "field" lets you summon up to five creatures to fight for you.
- Use up to 2 Magic cards
- Once you've played cards, you select creatures to attack your opponents creatures. Each creature can attack or move once per turn.

You win a battle by defeating all of the opponents other creatures.

There are two main types of cards: Creatures and Magic

Creature card attributes include: attack power, counter attack and defense, creature type (plant, ghost, beast, etc.) and level. You can summon higher level creatures (using hire level cards) by replacing/sacrificing a lower level creature card.

Magic cards, can cause damage, heal or enchant/disenchant a creature. There may be other kinds of cards, but these are the kinds I have initially. There is a "Mount" card which I haven't been able to use yet. It has to be used with the right type of creature, which I haven't come across yet.

After about 5 minutes of play, I haven't yet finished the tutorial battle, but I am finding it interesting and fun. I'll have to finish it when I get home.

I hope this partial, mini-review helps.
09-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiemac View Post
Here are my impressions of this game after playing it for about 5 minutes.

A little bit of the story line: You play a card mage fresh out of school. Presumably, you must defeat The Dark Mage, who is mentioned in the story intro at the start of the game.

The english used is a bit broken, but not bad.

The first battle is a tutorial about how to battle.

During a turn, you can:
- Select up to 2 creature cards to summon. The battle "field" lets you summon up to five creatures to fight for you.
- Use up to 2 Magic cards
- Once you've played cards, you select creatures to attack your opponents creatures. Each creature can attack or move once per turn.

You win a battle by defeating all of the opponents other creatures.

There are two main types of cards: Creatures and Magic

Creature card attributes include: attack power, counter attack and defense, creature type (plant, ghost, beast, etc.) and level. You can summon higher level creatures (using hire level cards) by replacing/sacrificing a lower level creature card.

Magic cards, can cause damage, heal or enchant/disenchant a creature. There may be other kinds of cards, but these are the kinds I have initially. There is a "Mount" card which I haven't been able to use yet. It has to be used with the right type of creature, which I haven't come across yet.

After about 5 minutes of play, I haven't yet finished the tutorial battle, but I am finding it interesting and fun. I'll have to finish it when I get home.

I hope this partial, mini-review helps.
okay you def got me more interested but how does it feel when playing, does it feel fluid and balanced