★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fairystone (by odenis studio) $5 -> $2

11-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Fairystone (by odenis studio) $5 -> $2

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
11-03-2015, 05:06 PM
I have some feature points at the ready, this or COD Strike Team?

11-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
I have some feature points at the ready, this or COD Strike Team?
This is actually a great game for the kiddy/Minecraft crowd.

My 6yo daughter loves it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
This is actually a great game for the kiddy/Minecraft crowd.

My 6yo daughter loves it!
Thanks. The language in the description turned me off, and also the assumption that of course all girls will become mothers one day. Is that just the description or is the game like that in any way too? With strong assumptions about gender etc? And how childish is it? Do you think somewhat older children will still like it? The screenshots look good.
11-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Thanks. The language in the description turned me off, and also the assumption that of course all girls will become mothers one day. Is that just the description or is the game like that in any way too? With strong assumptions about gender etc? And how childish is it? Do you think somewhat older children will still like it? The screenshots look good.
The game looks and plays very well.

One of the benefits is that it has a large set of pre-made structures and a good system to drop them down.

A potential downfall is that there's no combat/etc. It's creative-mode, you can take control of various creatures (and fly, etc.) make music, etc. The majority of the 'game' is building up communities of faries, and the fairy theme prevails throughout.

I went back and forth with the developer a bit about if this game was a bit more gender-neutral, more boys might be interested. Also: if the community building had a bit more to it, you'd almost have the beginnings of a SimCity ala-Minecraft.

So... if your kids would enjoy a peaceful Minecraft experience in a fantasy setting, with some light community building elements the game is a deal for two bucks. If they want serious detail and/or want to kill/blow stuff up they're going to be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Thanks drelbs, Minecraft without killing actually sounds pretty great. Though I'm with you on the gender-neutral thing, even for girls.
11-04-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm really looking forward to this dev's other game: five minutes flight, or whatever it's called. Next week seems too far.
11-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Thanks. The language in the description turned me off, and also the assumption that of course all girls will become mothers one day.
I totally agree with your point. When our daughter was born I told my wife I didn't want us calling her princess. I told her that if we are going to set her motivations with a nickname we should call her C.E.O. or Madam President. I can't stand that "you're a girl, play with this doll or you're a boy, play with this football" crap.
12-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Sale!🎄🎅

Happy Holidays my friends!