★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 134.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.12
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: DISCOVER THE FRONTIERS OF SPACE AND ENSURE THE SURVIVAL OF MANKIND!
From the makers of the award-winning Anno games comes a galactic Match-3 adventure with MORE THAN 180 MISSIONS for thrilling mobile action!
Combine, switch, and move as many asteroid materials as possible into rows, use drones to boost your game, and research upgrades in your space station. Transfer rare materials from Asteroid Miner to the PC version of Anno 2205 and build even bigger and more efficient metropolises.

INFINITE SPACE
Discover fantastic galaxies far away from Earth and master MORE THAN 180 TRICKY ASTERIODS. Combine vertical, horizontal, and diagonal rows as long as possible, use drones for your advantage, and take on the challenge in the special comet mode to break the highscore!

WELCOME ON THE BRIDGE, COMMANDER!
Research MORE THAN 120 UPGRADES in your space station and determine your own gaming style. Here you can unlock new skills and objects.

CREATED FOR YOUR MOBILE
You can play Asteroid Miner COMPLETLY OFFLINE so you can use it anytime and everywhere--on a train, on a bus, or in your spaceship! Play whenever and wherever you like!

CONNECTION WITH ANNO 2205
If you own the PC version of Anno 2205, you can transfer RARE MATERIALS from the app into the game. This way you can speed-up the growth of your metropolises and become the best city-planner of the future!

Take on the challenge and prove your skill; the frontiers of space are just the beginning of your journey.

Stay up-to-date and receive the latest news at:
FACEBOOK: facebook.com/annogame
TWITTER: twitter.com/anno_en
YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/user/ubisoft

If you have feedback for us, please send it to apple.support@ubisoft.com or use the >Help & Support< function in the options of the game.

Note:
Downloading and playing the game is free of charge. However, some game objects can be purchased for real money.

Eli's comments:

Anno 2205: Asteroid Miner

Ubisoft
Genres: Games Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free


Quote:
DISCOVER THE FRONTIERS OF SPACE AND ENSURE THE SURVIVAL OF MANKIND!
From the makers of the award-winning Anno games comes a galactic Match-3 adventure with MORE THAN 180 MISSIONS for thrilling mobile action!
Combine, switch, and move as many asteroid materials as possible into rows, use drones to boost your game, and research upgrades in your space station. Transfer rare materials from Asteroid Miner to the PC version of Anno 2205 and build even bigger and more efficient metropolises.

INFINITE SPACE
Discover fantastic galaxies far away from Earth and master MORE THAN 180 TRICKY ASTERIODS. Combine vertical, horizontal, and diagonal rows as long as possible, use drones for your advantage, and take on the challenge in the special comet mode to break the highscore!

WELCOME ON THE BRIDGE, COMMANDER!
Research MORE THAN 120 UPGRADES in your space station and determine your own gaming style. Here you can unlock new skills and objects.

CREATED FOR YOUR MOBILE
You can play Asteroid Miner COMPLETLY OFFLINE so you can use it anytime and everywhere--on a train, on a bus, or in your spaceship! Play whenever and wherever you like!

CONNECTION WITH ANNO 2205
If you own the PC version of Anno 2205, you can transfer RARE MATERIALS from the app into the game. This way you can speed-up the growth of your metropolises and become the best city-planner of the future!

Take on the challenge and prove your skill; the frontiers of space are just the beginning of your journey.

Stay up-to-date and receive the latest news at:
FACEBOOK: facebook.com/annogame
TWITTER: twitter.com/anno_en
YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/user/ubisoft

If you have feedback for us, please send it to apple.support@ubisoft.com or use the >Help & Support< function in the options of the game.

Note:
Downloading and playing the game is free of charge. However, some game objects can be purchased for real money.












Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 117.6MB

11-04-2015, 11:15 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,575

11-04-2015, 11:20 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 661
Hey touchy,

how much f2p is there and did it annoy you in any way? Do you have some more imps to share? Thank you!
11-04-2015, 12:10 PM
#4
11-04-2015, 01:37 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenxe View Post
Hey touchy,

how much f2p is there and did it annoy you in any way? Do you have some more imps to share? Thank you!
To be honest I stop playing after 20 minutes. There are a lot of currencies and the usual match3-luck mechanics. There are a lot of better match3 games on the app store.
11-04-2015, 02:14 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
To be honest I stop playing after 20 minutes. There are a lot of currencies and the usual match3-luck mechanics. There are a lot of better match3 games on the app store.
Thanks for sharing your oppinion appreciate the time you saved me
11-04-2015, 02:53 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,849
Nope,

Damn. I was hoping. But nope. Multiple currencies. Expensive consumable only IAP. And last but not least an ENERGY timer system that you cannot pay to get rid of. It's basically another match 3 game but it's got massive ftp energy nickel and diming mechanics. As a result the game gets a terrible score and uninstalled.

Billy
11-04-2015, 03:21 PM
#8
I still like it.

Does the game have F2P mechanics and energy timers, yes it does.
Does this make Asteroid Miner a bad game? I dont think so.

First I thought it would, but by now I notice that I am still starting the game from time to time on the train, during breaks or at home
Given the fact that as with almost all F2P Match3 games youre not getting "constant playtime", AM is doing quite well. Why, you might ask...

Well, the game itself is not doing anything extrodinary well in comparison to other games, but its still challenging and "fair". So far I did not get the feeling that the game is throwing shit at me just to keep me from progressing. Just start a level a few times and youll make it.

Does it have multiple "currencies"? Well, you might want to call them currencies, Id call them ressources.
You need certain ressources to upgrade your consumables (like bombs having wider range of explosions and stuff) or credits to increase your energy amount. For every level you get a certain amount of credits which than helps you get a higher enery cap = longer playtime. However I also noticed that the game rewards you with energy for solving levels in less moves.

Premium currency is gems, which can be bought (IAP range from 1.99€ to 39.99€) and only in the beginning I felt like monetization being forced on this...this changed after spending some time on the game and my energy cap being higher. So far I havent spent my earnt gems on energy, which speaks for itself.

Biggest plus for me, as I also play Anno 2205 (PC Game): You can earn ressources for the retail game in the mobile game and transfer it to you PC game. Works like a charm and is an interesting idea


Summary: Does AM offer anything outstanding? No, probably not. Is it different from other M3 games or Candy Crush whatever, sort of. Is the beginning "challenging" (in terms of testing your patience)? Definitely. Still Id recommend having a closer look at it.
11-04-2015, 04:28 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhount View Post
Does the game have F2P mechanics and energy timers, yes it does.
Does this make Asteroid Miner a bad game? I dont think so.

First I thought it would, but by now I notice that I am still starting the game from time to time on the train, during breaks or at home
Given the fact that as with almost all F2P Match3 games youre not getting "constant playtime", AM is doing quite well. Why, you might ask...

Well, the game itself is not doing anything extrodinary well in comparison to other games, but its still challenging and "fair". So far I did not get the feeling that the game is throwing shit at me just to keep me from progressing. Just start a level a few times and youll make it.

Does it have multiple "currencies"? Well, you might want to call them currencies, Id call them ressources.
You need certain ressources to upgrade your consumables (like bombs having wider range of explosions and stuff) or credits to increase your energy amount. For every level you get a certain amount of credits which than helps you get a higher enery cap = longer playtime. However I also noticed that the game rewards you with energy for solving levels in less moves.

Premium currency is gems, which can be bought (IAP range from 1.99 to 39.99) and only in the beginning I felt like monetization being forced on this...this changed after spending some time on the game and my energy cap being higher. So far I havent spent my earnt gems on energy, which speaks for itself.

Biggest plus for me, as I also play Anno 2205 (PC Game): You can earn ressources for the retail game in the mobile game and transfer it to you PC game. Works like a charm and is an interesting idea


Summary: Does AM offer anything outstanding? No, probably not. Is it different from other M3 games or Candy Crush whatever, sort of. Is the beginning "challenging" (in terms of testing your patience)? Definitely. Still Id recommend having a closer look at it.
Ah...that explains a lot. I couldn't figure out why anyone would play this. Not exactly the most compelling of subject matters. I was all like "maybe they're targeting geologists.."
11-04-2015, 04:43 PM
#10
Well, it is a companion app without forcing anybody to use either the app or the main game. You can play Asteroid Miner without Anno 2205 and you can play Anno 2205 without the Miner...though there are synergies. I like the idea and the freedom of choice.