★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Are you brave enough to take on an evil alien army? The intruders have come to decimate the Earth and only the Sky Squad can defeat this epic invasion.

Dodge alien drones while letting loose a barrage of missiles in this action-packed top down shooter. Fight bosses and dodge enemy fireballs! Collect boosts to double your firepower and activate your magnet power-up. Navigate skillfully to catch coins and use them to upgrade your plane, your minion, and your boosts.

Compete globally in leaderboards and leagues. Beat your friends on the social leaderboards.

Sky Squads features include:

5 Dieselpunk Warbirds
11 minion planes
Lightning-fast play
Smooth and responsive controls
Randomly generated endless play
Epic bosses
Global and Social leaderboards

What are you waiting for? Earth needs you!

Sky Squad is free to download. Some items in the game are available for purchase.

For questions and suggestions, please drop us a message at support@bravesq.com

Eli's comments:

Sky Squad

Kongregate
Genres: Games Arcade Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Are you brave enough to take on an evil alien army? The intruders have come to decimate the Earth and only the Sky Squad can defeat this epic invasion.

Dodge alien drones while letting loose a barrage of missiles in this action-packed top down shooter. Fight bosses and dodge enemy fireballs! Collect boosts to double your firepower and activate your magnet power-up. Navigate skillfully to catch coins and use them to upgrade your plane, your minion, and your boosts.

Compete globally in leaderboards and leagues. Beat your friends on the social leaderboards.

Sky Squads features include:

5 Dieselpunk Warbirds
11 minion planes
Lightning-fast play
Smooth and responsive controls
Randomly generated endless play
Epic bosses
Global and Social leaderboards

What are you waiting for? Earth needs you!

Sky Squad is free to download. Some items in the game are available for purchase.

For questions and suggestions, please drop us a message at support@bravesq.com

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 59.2MB

11-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Wow I'm a sucker for a good Shmup! Downloading now. I'll leave impressions in a bit. Kongregate is publishing a lot lately.

Billy

11-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Nope.

Multiple currencies. All consumable IAP. Expensive consumable IAP. ENERGY TIMER system that cannot be removed by a single purchase.

The gameplay is dull. It doesn't do anything new for the genre. You can't even move up and down or diagonally. Only back and forth. And guess what the enemy ships come in horizontal lines lol. Yea.

This game is uninstalled. Nope. No way. And the game gets a 1 star review on the AppStore as well. It's utter nonsense.

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 11-04-2015 at 11:17 AM.
11-04-2015, 11:16 AM

shallow and dull sums it up
11-04-2015, 11:26 AM
This is by far the most boring shmup I've ever played. Uninstalled. Left an honest 1-star review as well-

Quote:
This isn't a game, it's a money trap designed to separate you from your hard earned cash in every way possible. Energy, timers, multiple currencies, ridiculously overpriced consumable IAPs, you name it. Basically, take every complaint you ever had about every FTP game you ever played, double them, and then roll them up into a boring, unoriginal, pointless shmup, and you just scratched the surface of this "game". Do yourself a favor and stay away; the game itself is so boring that it's not even worth the time it takes to download.
11-04-2015, 12:40 PM
11-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Lame. Thanx for the heads up ppl!
11-04-2015, 11:40 PM

Sidenote:

This is the weakest Kongregate Game I have played since they have started to port their Games to Mobile.
11-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Absolutely agree. I loved bullet boy. I actually purchased the $5 Iap in that one. I loved last weeks Slashy Hero. Purchased the no ads in that. Awesome devs there. I just don't get what the devs were even trying to accomplish with this game. Would anyone honestly spend even a dime in this ?

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video

Sidenote:

This is the weakest Kongregate Game I have played since they have started to port their Games to Mobile.