★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Are others having trouble logging into GC?

11-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Are others having trouble logging into GC?

Hey Gang,

I can't login to GC, heck, I can't even get the GC app to launch. Have already tried a hard reboot to no effect. I'm based here in the San Jose, CA area, so right in Apple's backyard. My pal in Tampa, FL is not having similar issues so I wonder if it is just a regional thing or, even more possible, JUST ME.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-04-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm having no problems. I'm in the U.S. on the east coast.

11-04-2015, 08:56 PM
You're on iOS 9 or 9.1, aren't you? If yes...welcome to the club. It's been a few weeks now. Mind-boggling to think Apple hasn't fixed this yet and that $50 on GH: Live was SO worth it considering I can't even log in to GC to play it.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
You're on iOS 9 or 9.1, aren't you? If yes...welcome to the club. It's been a few weeks now. Mind-boggling to think Apple hasn't fixed this yet and that $50 on GH: Live was SO worth it considering I can't even log in to GC to play it.
I've been on 9.1 for a couple of weeks when, blam, this issue popped up today. It's at least comforting I'm not alone and others are surely giving Apple heck about this.

My iTunes Reviews
11-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Game Center won't even open for me at all sucks cause I can't try out implosion that I got for free today cause of this I am on an iPhone 6 latest version of iOS 9
11-07-2015, 11:20 AM
I thought my experience was an isolated one. After all of the things I had to do to finally get Game Center to work, I'm right back at square one. It had been working fine for the last few weeks and then out of the blue, it freezes up. Any help or suggestions is appreciated......
11-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyspop1 View Post
I thought my experience was an isolated one. After all of the things I had to do to finally get Game Center to work, I'm right back at square one. It had been working fine for the last few weeks and then out of the blue, it freezes up. Any help or suggestions is appreciated......
I even called Apple Support on this, and after having them walk me through a hard resets and resetting settings to no avail, they admitted that this was a known issue with iOS 9 and they're "working on it".

My iTunes Reviews
11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
It hasn't worked for me since 9.
Apple have contacted me after my persistence and they got me to send my entire iPhone 6s backup to the engineers to see what the problem is.
I still haven't had a reply back tho.
I'm on iOS 9.2 beta 2 at the moment and still no joy.
I'm sort of over it now, I just play my 3DS and WiiU now. Mario Maker and Pokemon are so much better than any iOS game out there anyway.

✌🏽 peace
11-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Also apple support wouldn't know if there pants were on fire. Your better off googling it.
11-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I even called Apple Support on this, and after having them walk me through a hard resets and resetting settings to no avail, they admitted that this was a known issue with iOS 9 and they're "working on it".
After my last chat session with an Apple agent, I'll cross my fingers and pray about it.