★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Comments via app broken?

11-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Comments via app broken?

So, is it just me or can you no longer post or even see article comments in the iOS app?. Sad day indeed if so, since the app apparently can never be updated. I access the site via app 99.9% of the time and this would all but break the experience.
11-07-2015, 11:26 AM
TA App No Longer Showing Comments

I'm getting a forum error when I try to view comments on the TA app. iPhone 6 & Air both on iOS 9.1.

I still think I should get 'posts credit' for all the witty comments I leave on TA articles.

11-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Why can't the app be ever updated? I wonder the same. It's long overdue for a update. Where are the devs?
11-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurizen View Post
Why can't the app be ever updated? I wonder the same. It's long overdue for a update. Where are the devs?

The TA app would be rejected since it violates some rules that Apple placed after the app was already on the AppStore. Otherwise, it would have been updated a while ago. This app will continue to be here until some iOS update breaks it or something, otherwise, you'll have to make lemonade with lemons
11-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
The TA app would be rejected since it violates some rules that Apple placed after the app was already on the AppStore. Otherwise, it would have been updated a while ago. This app will continue to be here until some iOS update breaks it or something, otherwise, you'll have to make lemonade with lemons
aw man that sucks this app is phenomenal! What does it violate?
11-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurizen View Post
aw man that sucks this app is phenomenal! What does it violate?
Some sort of App Store replacement BS. The irony is off the charts. The percentage of game purchases that occur BECAUSE of TA must be statistically significant. Apple absolutely should take TA up on their own damn Patreon level!

Last edited by houseofg; 11-07-2015 at 02:00 PM.
11-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofg View Post
Some sort of App Store replacement BS. The irony is off the charts. The percentage of game purchases that occur BECAUSE of TA must be statistically significant. Apple absolutely should take TA up on their own damn Patreon level!
I completely agree!
11-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Yeah not sure what's going on but it's just the comments on articles posted on November 6. Everything before that still loads ok. I really like the app but I've been using the website once in a while just to get used to it. I think it's just a matter of time before the app is not an option.
11-08-2015, 03:13 AM
It must be something on TA's side, I thought maybe it was a Disqus tweak but isn't as I'm still able to post to earlier articles. Probably easily resolved, like a code change that didn't account for app users.

I don't mind if the comments vanish, the main draw is the articles after all but it's annoying not being able to read.
11-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nini View Post
It must be something on TA's side, I thought maybe it was a Disqus tweak but isn't as I'm still able to post to earlier articles. Probably easily resolved, like a code change that didn't account for app users.

I don't mind if the comments vanish, the main draw is the articles after all but it's annoying not being able to read.
Good observation about it being limited to Friday (though I think I previously went back to Thursday posts and was seeing the same issue at times). Looks like it's happening again today.