★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Stay Mum Off-Topic Discussion

10-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Stay Mum Off-Topic Discussion

Wow. No wonder there is a ridiculous review embargo. That alone should tell you what to expect.
10-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Nice piece AppUnwrapper. But I am still confused, found this review on AppAdvice where it got 4.5/5 and the editor wrote some good things where she find deeper meaning behind the story and the gameplay. And she seems to enjoy playing the game. And then Killscreen also liked the game in their recent preview.
I don't know what to believe. Maybe I will sacrifice my 3 dollars to check it out.

10-29-2015, 03:25 PM
It's also worth mentioning the developer apparently did some pretty significant embargo bullying on this game, which has turned me off of it entirely.
10-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schned View Post
Nice piece AppUnwrapper. But I am still confused, found this review on AppAdvice where it got 4.5/5 and the editor wrote some good things where she find deeper meaning behind the story and the gameplay. And she seems to enjoy playing the game. And then Killscreen also liked the game in their recent preview.
I don't know what to believe. Maybe I will sacrifice my 3 dollars to check it out.
I can't really speak about the AppAdvice review. I was amazed they used the buggy level for a gif, without showing the completed level. The rest of it -- it's possible she really did find the game stimulating even though I didn't. I can't really speak on her particular feelings towards the game. In fact, the gameplay video I made was never meant to be so negative. I intended to just show some gameplay and let people decide for themselves, just in case I was too harsh with my review. It turned out that video said more about the game than my review did (which I wrote first, after playing through the game once).

As for Killscreen, they don't talk about gameplay (http://killscreendaily.com/articles/...eviews-policy/), and apparently that "preview" is a good example of that. It talks about the story, but nothing really about the game itself. Unless I missed the 1-3 words about it? I read it twice and can't find anything about the puzzles themselves.

I should also point out that there are currently 5 blocks, not 7. The last 2 are part of the last two chapters that say "coming soon."

And finally, as Eli mentioned above, there was some very bizarre embargo nonsense going on here that made me feel the need to let people see what the game actually plays like before they buy it. I don't want to stop anyone from doing so. I just personally can't recommend the game.
10-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Yea, just the embargo drama alone has turned me off of this. Thanks for the heads up AppUnwrapper!
10-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
It's also worth mentioning the developer apparently did some pretty significant embargo bullying on this game, which has turned me off of it entirely.
Alright, I'll bite. What are we talking about? Do you have any details or a link to something with details? I googled it, but I couldn't find anything.
10-29-2015, 11:33 PM
I am more confused now. TechRadar included them in Best Mobile Games of 2015 and looks like the guy has played the game as well. Check it out: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...-games-1234036

I have bought the game. Will play for for hours and come back with what I think about it. Fingers crossed!
10-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
This is going to be the name of my new band: The Embargo Bullies.
11-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Well I'm seeing good reviews everywhere and I bought it. I seem to enjoy it and it's certainly different than what I normally see on the store. And despite few glitches here and there, I am liking it so far.

Sorry AppUnwrapper, but it seems like you personally don't like the game and just want to bash it. Even Alysia from Pocketgamer seems to enjoy it and don't forget 148Apps gave it 3.5/5. It's just you on the internet who doesn't like the game and can't play it properly.
11-01-2015, 06:57 PM
AppUnwrapper didn't "just want to bash it" they wrote an extensive review that took a lot of effort and clearly explained why they didn't like the game. Of course you can disagree, but I'm not sure why you would need to read so many reviews and keep your fingers crossed when you played it in the beta and said it was "amazing"?