★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Heavy Blade is a 3D hack and slash dungeon crawler with gorgeous visuals and a heavy rock soundtrack.

FEATURES:

- 30 dungeons filled with monsters to explore
- (NEW) 5 collectible weapons each with a unique spell, including fireballs, magic missile, electricity, and ice shards
- Spend your gold to upgrade your character and weapons
- State of the art console quality graphics with unified lighting and shadows never seen before on an IOS device.
- Listen for whispers to locate secret doors and hidden areas
- Gather loot from dead enemies or barrels and replenish health and mana with potions.
- Playable with the touch screen or third party game controller (recommended).

SUPPORTS:

iPhone 5 and later, iPad 3rd gen and later
MFI Controllers

CONTROLS:
With touch devices the controls use a twin stick configuration, with buttons for spells and attacking. The small arrows are for changing weapons which you get later in the game. See the in game help for more information.

A Lite version is now available for you to try the first 3 levels free!

For more videos and images visit www.HeavyBlade.com

If you have any troubles with the game please report them to support@rockingpocketgames.com

RPGGuy's comments:
Heavy Blade is a 3D Dungeon crawler with gorgeous visuals and a heavy rock soundtrack.

The game was developed by Rocking Pocket Games for iPhone, iPad, the new Apple TV, and is a universal purchase.

FEATURES:

- 30 dungeons filled with monsters to explore
- State of the art console quality graphics with unified per pixel lighting and shadows never seen before on an IOS device.
- Listen for whispers to locate secret doors and hidden areas
- Gather loot from dead enemies or barrels and replenish health and mana with potions.
- Playable with the Apple TV remote or third party game controller (recommended).

Download Link

Official Trailer

www.HeavyBlade.com
www.RockingPocketGames.com

11-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Are the controls like rage? Or free roam? Just curious as to how the movement plays out

11-10-2015, 04:27 PM
As soon as the damn 2.0 GB Lumino City update is done...THIS WILL BE MINE!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Free roam, look and move anywhere.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
11-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Wow. Purdy!

How is the combat, single attack-focused hack 'n' slash, or are there blocks, manual evasion, even counters perhaps?

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
11-10-2015, 05:08 PM
This could be amazing, but the sword motion feels a bit off to me somehow...
11-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Nice!

With the popup walls and the soundtrack, I'm getting a nice Doom vibe here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
This could be amazing, but the sword motion feels a bit off to me somehow...
Same here - for how good the game looks, those sword swipes look awful. Motion control attacking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Oh wow! Downloading right now. I was hoping something great would come out this week. This may fill the bill.
11-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragn4rok 74 View Post
Oh wow! Downloading right now. I was hoping something great would come out this week. This may fill the bill.
Yeah this looks nice... Although to be fair it's only a tuesday/wednesday (depending on location) so it's not like there's nothing coming out still.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Been waiting for this one yay!