★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Whether youre in a galaxy far, far away or closer to home, get ready for battle with the official Star Wars Battlefront Companion app. Featuring the strategic card-game, Base Command, the Companion lets you earn in-game Credits that unlock Star Cards, blasters, and more in Star Wars Battlefront. In addition to Base Command, the Star Wars Battlefront Companion also lets players check game stats and progression, customize hands and appearance, connect with friends, and get notified when theyre playing Star Wars Battlefront as well as gather intel on their stats and progress so you can see how you match up!

BASE COMMAND
Play this strategic Star Wars card-game anytime, anywhere to earn Credits for Star Wars Battlefront. Use your Star Cards in Base Command to advance to new sieges as you take on increasingly powerful Imperial forces.

STATS & PROGRESSION
Get a complete overview of your Star Wars Battlefront career and learn whats left for you to complete. Also included is a visual overview of how youre doing, where you can dig down into the nitty gritty details of your performance.

STAR CARDS & BLASTERS
Marvel at your collection of unlocked Star Cards and Blasters, and use hard-earned Credits to unlock and upgrade new ones. Customize your Star Card hands to fit your play style and keep you ready for battle.

STAY CONNECTED
See your PSN, Xbox Live, or Origin friends in real time and get notified when they start playing Star Wars Battlefront. You can even check out their game progress and stats to see who is the best soldier in the galaxy!

INCOMING TRANSMISSIONS
Receive in-app and push notifications to get updates on important Star Wars Battlefront news, and reports on what your friends or foes are up to. Plus, find out about special in-game events specifically for the Star Wars Battlefront community.

For more details, visit www.StarWarsBattlefront.com/app.

Important Consumer Information. This app: requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply); requires acceptance of EAs Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA; collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details); requires an EA Account to play must meet minimum age requirements, which vary by territory, to obtain an account; requires Star Wars Battlefront for PlayStation 4, Xbox 1 or PC to access some features; contains direct links to the Internet intended for an audience over 13.

Terms of Service: http://terms.ea.com/en
Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://privacy.ea.com/en
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/

Visit http://help.ea.com/en/# for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.
11-10-2015, 08:31 PM
I am excited to use this to bank up creds for the game.

11-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Same here
11-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Regardless of whether you ever plan to purchase Battlefront, the card/boardgame included in this companion app is surprisingly good and one of the best Starwars strategy games I've played.

I've seen a very similar boardgame, which really lends itself well to solitaire play and this kind of app. And while enemies are mindless, they are relentless as the advance on your base. From the initial wave of probe droids until the nearly invincible AT-AT's appear on the horizon, levels become increasingly challenging as stronger, more capable enemies show up. Supposedly, you can unlock tow-cables in the primary game to make the walkers a bit more manageable. Regardless, they can still be destroyed with the starter deck, with careful use of your units and complimenting abilities. I still haven't made it past the level when Bobba Fet arrives and unleashes his bag of tricks. Not sure how far it goes, or whether DV eventually makes an appearance, but it almost makes me want to play Battlefront, not to make use of the bonuses I'm banking, but to unlock new cards for this app. Seriously, don't hesitate.

Last edited by gmattergames; 11-12-2015 at 10:59 AM.
11-11-2015, 10:28 AM
11-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
3rd that. EA Access allows 10 hrs of play starting 11/12 at 1 p.m. EST, whatever that translates to everywhere else. This will be fun to fill the gap afterwards, and as stated above, bank. Pew pew!!
11-12-2015, 12:13 AM
so you need the game to play it or otherwise its pointless?
11-12-2015, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoker View Post
so you need the game to play it or otherwise its pointless?
This is a standalone, as it has it's own game. But if you happen to be in the market for Battlefront, there's the added perk of gaining coin for that game. Plus, the planet breakdowns they show with vids are cool in their own right. The card game here is actually pretty cool.