★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Heroes Curse combines elements from classic RPGs with hack and slash gameplay. Battle through multiple levels to gain character experience and rank up your Hero. Choose Heroes wisely as each has their own special abilities and flaws.

Featuring randomized loot, massive game play levels, different level themes with their own master boss awaiting. Journey through various levels of increasingly difficult enemies while collecting the best items possible. Equip your Warrior, Mage or Archer with customizable weapons and armor to help destroy the evils plaguing your village and the land.

The game will challenge all ages, visually stunning and highly addictive.

FEATURES:
Epic characters to choose from: Warrior, Mage, Archer
EXP and level up system throughout game
Progressive increase in level difficulty (4 modes)
Full RPG style system with randomized loot
Coin and Gem gameplay money system
Over 100s of items to choose from and equip characters with
Demon and Monster battles throughout gameplay
Boss fights at the end of each level theme
Game Center: Leaderboards & Achievements
Optimized for iOS 9+ and latest Apple devices

SUPPORT:
For optimum performance always make sure you are using the latest iOS firmware from Apple.
Heroes Curse does not require an internet connection.

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter
www.facebook.com/noxuslimited
www.twitter.com/noxusltd

Do you have any comments, suggestions or found a bug?
We would love to hear from you, reach our support team at: info@nox.us

Eli's comments:

Heroes Curse

Noxus Ltd
Genres: Games Adventure Role Playing Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$1.99 USD

Quote:
Heroes Curse combines elements from classic RPGs with hack and slash gameplay. Battle through multiple levels to gain character experience and rank up your Hero. Choose Heroes wisely as each has their own special abilities and flaws.

Featuring randomized loot, massive game play levels, different level themes with their own master boss awaiting. Journey through various levels of increasingly difficult enemies while collecting the best items possible. Equip your Warrior, Mage or Archer with customizable weapons and armor to help destroy the evils plaguing your village and the land.

The game will challenge all ages, visually stunning and highly addictive.

FEATURES:
• Epic characters to choose from: Warrior, Mage, Archer
• EXP and level up system throughout game
• Progressive increase in level difficulty (4 modes)
• Full RPG style system with randomized loot
• Coin and Gem gameplay money system
• Over 100s of items to choose from and equip characters with
• Demon and Monster battles throughout gameplay
• Boss fights at the end of each level theme
• Game Center: Leaderboards & Achievements
• Optimized for iOS 9+ and latest Apple devices

SUPPORT:
For optimum performance always make sure you are using the latest iOS firmware from Apple.
Heroes Curse does not require an internet connection.

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter
www.facebook.com/noxuslimited
www.twitter.com/noxusltd

Do you have any comments, suggestions or found a bug?
We would love to hear from you, reach our support team at: info@nox.us

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 190.9MB

11-11-2015, 10:42 AM
This looks great, grabbing it now.

Like Her Story? Try Contradiction for iPad!

A few favourites: Contradiction. Desktop Dungeons. Til Morning's Light. Knights of Pen & Paper (1+2). Drylands. Paint it Back.

Why do some of the art elements look similar to something else... Was it Tiny Keep iPad?

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
Woah....any impressions here? Premium game that looks legit. Has anyone heard of this?
11-11-2015, 10:45 AM
I'm waiting on it to download now, will post some quick imps when I can.

A few favourites: Contradiction. Desktop Dungeons. Til Morning's Light. Knights of Pen & Paper (1+2). Drylands. Paint it Back.
11-11-2015, 11:14 AM
First thing I notice is that you only get one character slot, its 79p each to buy up to two more. You start in a village with the usual shops, then go to a map to select level. Each level has four difficulties; Normal, Hard, Very Hard and Insane. The movement controls work well, v-stick. The attack button seems to have a very slight delay, and it could definitely use a dodge button. The combat, at least at this very early stage (I'm only lvl 2) kinda feels like I'm hacking away at them with a butter knife. (EDIT: After spending skill points, combat feels tons better) I managed to die and use a healing potion right after, though of course it didn't help. Pay gold to respawn there, return to town or retry.
There are other iAPS, a 'Boost EXP' and Gems, but I cant see what for/how much at the minute.
With lvl up, you can put points into your stats. There's 5 equipment slots. You do get skills, but there's doesn't appear to be any choice between them. I'll edit in some more when I've played more.

Last edited by Avatre; 11-11-2015 at 11:24 AM.
11-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Buggy with IAP's

I'm running this in an iPhone 6+ with iOS9.0.2 and can't get the game to play. I'm wondering if a test version was accidentally uploaded to the store.

I can load the game, create a character, but then the game glitches and I'm frozen in the character inventory. Can't find a way out. Also, I appear have maxed out cash, stats and attribute points from the get go.

Wondering if anyone else is having issues?

Also, word of warning...this is a paid game with IAP. Two types of currencies, gems and gold. You have to pay for extra character slots (you only get one) and extra inventory.

I have not been able to actually test the game play, so I have no idea if it's any good.

I'm really hoping this was an accidental early release. I'd stay clear until we know more.
11-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Why do some of the art elements look similar to something else... Was it Tiny Keep iPad?
Looks a lot like Dungeon Quest to me.
11-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Review:

Stay away as far as you can do from this Game at the current moment...

A bugged Piece of Shit full of Glitches & Bugs where the Developer either forgot to change the Launch Date and the current Alpha Build slipped through it (I strongly believe this is what happend here) or where they run out of Money and someone thought that nobody will notice that this shouldn't get released like ever (I don`t believe this is the case.
11-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Is there any notable twitch skill to combat (aiming, manual evasion/parrying/blocking, pεrecision and relexes, etc), or does Heroes Curse lean towards the Diablo paradigm (tap to attack or even autoattack, hotbar abilities)?

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona