★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Its wonderful" - 5/5 from Pocket Tactics.
"It's demanding, thematic, and addictive, with deep layers of strategy and multiple ways to win." - 7/10 from Pocket Gamer UK
"A great adaptation. A must own for the eurogame fans out there." - 4,5/5 from Board Game Quest

Top Mobile Board Game of 2015 by Board Game Geek and Board Game Quest

Top 10 Strategy Game*. Acclaimed by players and awarded in 2007, 2008 and 2010!

Brass is a demanding economic game. An outstanding game about money and monopolies. Players take the roles of entrepreneurs attempting to make the most money from various industries during the Industrial Revolution. Each player needs to build an economic engine that surpasses all the others.


Find out what others are raving about**!

- "Brass is an all around excellent game. Very deep, with lots of rewarding strategies and important tactical decisions." - Noah Kolman
- "Wonderfully tense and exciting!" - Kevin Teague
- "Tremendous game! This game challenges you." - Kevin Whitmore

*(according to the worlds largest game site BGG: www.boardgamegeek.com)
**(all quotes refer to the table top version of the game)

BUILD
Industries are the key to success. Will you become a Cotton Magnate owning the most Cotton Mills in Lancashire? Or do you prefer selling Coal and Iron to others? Ports and Shipyards are key constructions as well, since the others cannot function without them in the long term.

CONNECT
Build canals and later rails to connect towns and cities. Only then can you benefit from all the industries built in the country, even those built by your opponents!

DEVELOP
R&D is essential. The better developed industries you have, the more effective they are. Should others neglect development, your path to victory will be easier.

TRADE
Its not what you have produced, but the thing you sold that makes brass (said with a
thick Yorkshire accent - brass being a local term for money). Watch the markets carefully and sell at the proper time!

WIN
Use the produced supplies and activate Industries, upgrade rails, save money. The most effective entrepreneur is the winner.


Visit our website: www.brassgame.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brassgame


Brass, a true classic by one of the worlds best game designers, is now available in the AppStore.
- 3-4 players
- AI opponent (intermediate level)
- Network multiplayer with push notifications
- Local multiplayer (pass & play)
- Beautiful artwork
- Works in any orientation (portrait & landscape)
- In-game tutorial & manual
- GameCenter: achievements, leaderboards
- Universal game application buy once and play on all your devices.
- The game is designed for iPad / Use iPad for best experience.
11-12-2015, 09:29 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 1,135
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Well ... I purchased it and right now I would not buy it again: Only one AI Level and the AI is very weak ... so, you should only buy it if you play only MP.

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

11-12-2015, 10:03 AM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Well ... I purchased it and right now I would not buy it again: Only one AI Level and the AI is very weak ... so, you should only buy it if you play only MP.
I thought the Android version had multiple levels of AI?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-12-2015, 10:46 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 1,135
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I thought the Android version had multiple levels of AI?
Well, maybe, I do not know ... the iOS Version has not ...

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
11-12-2015, 08:11 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Well ... I purchased it and right now I would not buy it again: Only one AI Level and the AI is very weak ... so, you should only buy it if you play only MP.
Thanks! Wish listed for updates
11-13-2015, 08:15 AM
#6
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 271
Thanks, i was going to push the buy button after reading a very favorable preview in Boardgame geek but the weak A.I. and the fact that other promises regarding the A.I. where made cut my appetite.
11-13-2015, 08:26 AM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 1,135
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Maybe you should try Steam instead! Different AI Player with different character and much stronger.

The developer posted in another forum that they think about better and also weaker (!) AI levels ... but up to now no promise.

But I hope, they will do this, because the game itself is very well done.

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
11-13-2015, 08:46 AM
#8
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Maybe you should try Steam instead! Different AI Player with different character and much stronger.

The developer posted in another forum that they think about better and also weaker (!) AI levels ... but up to now no promise.

But I hope, they will do this, because the game itself is very well done.
That's why it's such a pity to lose track of the all important strength of the A.I. . What's the point of a faithful board game translation if you have to play against other humans to enjoy the game.
I'm getting less patient with games that are published full of flaws, sold at full price and after x updates go on sale for a tenth of the original price. If you ask a descent price, deliver a descent product, there is nothing more to it then that.
Last week the same company released Steam which was also flawed. I was eager to spend the money on both games but I'm happy i didn't. I'm fed of playing test rabbit for new games and 'supporting' devs. I just wanna play good games.
11-13-2015, 09:11 AM
#9
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 1,135
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Hi,
Steam is a good game ... they had only a problem with their server which was solved within less than 24 hours. I guess the game was released one day too fast ...

After they solved the map download problem this is a good game. I do not regret the purchase.

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
11-13-2015, 02:03 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
That's why it's such a pity to lose track of the all important strength of the A.I. . What's the point of a faithful board game translation if you have to play against other humans to enjoy the game.
I'm getting less patient with games that are published full of flaws, sold at full price and after x updates go on sale for a tenth of the original price. If you ask a descent price, deliver a descent product, there is nothing more to it then that.
Last week the same company released Steam which was also flawed. I was eager to spend the money on both games but I'm happy i didn't. I'm fed of playing test rabbit for new games and 'supporting' devs. I just wanna play good games.
I don't think the same company released Steam, they are both Wallace games, but different devs.

Brass looks far better done than Steam (and had a less chaotic release) and has no IAP and where Steam has no multiplayer, this has sync and async. The tutorial is wonderful and the UI very slick has screen rotate, full map in portrait, and doesn't need to restart after another app is brought to the front.

They have mentioned adding different AI in response... But this is far from full of flaws or expensive ... no idea about if it will go on sale though. This is a great game - if you need convincing, read the pockettactics review. I think it's worth not tarring this with the same brush as Steam....

Last edited by skoptic; 11-13-2015 at 07:46 PM.