★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Beacon 38 is a mobile exploration game where you use sonar to navigate through a dangerous, beautiful alien world that constantly surprises and challenges. See if you can navigate your tiny scout ship past massive predators, mysterious creatures, and unknown peril to escape the 38th Dimension!

Using the core mechanics of sonar pinging and navigation, you make your way through an ever changing, evocative ecosystem that must be understood to be overcome: the game consists of over a dozen sectors each with its own mechanics, creatures, and challenges.

With an art direction that blends Art Deco beauty with Lovecraftian horror and an engaging story world set in deep space, littered with lore, the thin red line between danger and safety is literally at the players fingertips. Do you have what it takes to make it out of the 38th?

Minimum Requirements:
- Iphone 5 or later
- Ipad 2 or later

Vovin's comments:

Bloody heck! Why isn't this on everybody's radar? Holey moley.

09-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Bacon 38

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh

09-24-2015, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Bloody heck! Why isn't this on everybody's radar? Holey moley.
Lol, because someone had to put it on the radar first. Nice find Vovin.

Looks very intriguing and so does the Lovecraft-ish art style, but exploration is the word that doesn't fit into this week great games, sounds very time consuming. Simply no time for another one. Wish-listed (almost) on top for a bad week to come.
09-27-2015, 03:57 PM
OMFG guys!
this is game is amazing!
so mysterious atmosphere, superb visuals, sounds and music.
controls are also great. rock hard polish everywhere in the game.
and of course some spooky moments!
09-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raravan View Post
OMFG guys!
this is game is amazing!
so mysterious atmosphere, superb visuals, sounds and music.
controls are also great. rock hard polish everywhere in the game.
and of course some spooky moments!
Damn you. I was waiting for one single positive comment from anyone in this thread. Here it is and there goes my $3.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
09-27-2015, 04:50 PM
No time to post, but yes...this is fantastic.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
09-28-2015, 01:12 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
This game is gorgeous. It definately has a Lovecraftian vibe, but it also reminds me of "Sunless Sea" on PC, in terms of exploration and mystery. Very nice stuff.
Each time you die, you've maken a mistake, and if you learn from your mistake, you'll get better and better. The game is not unfair - it's mostly your fault when you die.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
09-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Looks creepy. I love it
09-28-2015, 03:39 PM
You had me at lovecraftian .. Looks amazing and unique
09-28-2015, 05:18 PM
Just got off work and I see my favorite type of game.....SPACE EXPLORATION! This is so bought. Omgzzzzzzzzzz. I'm really surprised this hasn't gotten any hype because it looks really awesome.