★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Requires iOS 6.0 or later
Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPod Touch 5th.
Doesn't support: iPhone (1st generation), iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 1th - iPod Touch 4th.

Free the gods powers and fulfill your destiny in the Treasures of Montezuma 4! This new match-three game is overflowing with mystery and excitement! Follow the story of Anna, who travels to an Aztec ruin to uncover an ancient secret. The journey is loaded with tons of levels, three all new game modes, and an epic boss battle that you will never forget!
With three all new game modes to play through, your trip to the jungle is going to last awhile! You are not alone on this journey however, use the powerful totems to your advantage and watch as they unleash their powerful magic! Build and decorate a Ziggurat, upgrade your character all the way to level 100, and grab every achievement you can along the way! Unlock the secrets of Emperor Montezuma today!

GAME FEATURES:
- Three all-new game modes
- 98 Story Mode levels and 69 Quest Mode levels
- Epic boss battle in Story mode
- Seven powerful totems and eight unique bonuses
- Build and decorate a Ziggurat
- Upgrade your character to level 100
- Tons of achievements

Vovin's comments:

What? No forum thread for this, so far? I can't believe I missed the release and instabought it.

The game is also on sale right now, for $0.99.

iPad version: http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...950978980&mt=8
03-05-2015, 01:48 AM
Great find! I have the third one for the iPhone and I haven't even played it yet. I remember the first one being so amazing. How does the 4th compair the others? Thanks!

03-05-2015, 02:24 AM
...and no IAP?

Or will be a "bait'n'switch" as they did with #3?

I seemed to remember this being the case, or am I mistaken?

Edit: Found the answer. Seems safe! :-)

Last edited by ataloss; 03-05-2015 at 02:33 AM.
03-05-2015, 09:52 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
...and no IAP?

Or will be a "bait'n'switch" as they did with #3?

I seemed to remember this being the case, or am I mistaken?

Edit: Found the answer. Seems safe! :-)

I am a big Alawar fan, they produce really nice pieces of software. And I have never seen an unfair IAP system from them. This paid version is normally 4 bucks for the full game, but I have yet to play it. But I loved Tressures of Montezuma 1-3. But I am a Match-3 addict, so...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Thanks for adding a thread for this, I wouldn't have even found out about it otherwise!

Montezuma 3 was a blast -- one of the best quick-play match-three games ever, but I've played it to death.

I got this one for 99 cents (a no-brainer at that price, frankly), and the dynamics are pretty similar to Montezuma 3 but with a little more variety in objectives. The upgrade system is similar, and it looks like the bonuses and totems act similar, too, but this is no bad thing! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

There's a bit more of a story, and a couple of different modes I've yet to unlock, so I think this one will keep me busy for a while.

It's landscape now, and I must admit I did like how Montezuma 3 played portrait, but that's a minor thing.
03-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Thanks Vovin - would have never known. Still not a "popular" app on Appshopper - so did not know of the release. Montezuma 3 is actually my least favorite of the Montezuma series just because I am not a blitz type person, but it was still fun. Hoping the different modes will give me options to not have to play Blitz type gameplay all the time.

Bought it x 2 - not universal, but I like Alawar to support them and got both iPad and iPhone versions.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Game Impressions

I would give it 3 1/2 stars maybe 4. No longer blitz, but the level is over once a goal is met, so early levels last literally a few seconds. Still, i like it better than 3. 2 was my personal favorite. New goals though and graphics are nice. Definitely at the intro price this is close to a must buy for true match 3 fans.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I would give it 3 1/2 stars maybe 4. No longer blitz, but the level is over once a goal is met, so early levels last literally a few seconds...
...and this is what I'm finding too. Just as I get into my stride the level is over. I'm hoping there's more to it later on as other modes open up. I really REALLY liked ToM 3 where you just, for lack of better words, went for it in an attempt to get the highest score possible.

The only other game that scratches that particular itch is Smiles which was also fantastic. Not sure how that plays now on iOS 8.

ToM 4 is still a nice addition, but for me ToM 3 seems to epitomise the series to date.