★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Designed for kids ages 7-12!

Do your kids love Travel, Geography, Culture and Adventure? Then they'll love Carmen Sandiego and her V.I.L.E. Henchmen who are back for a new generation of kid adventurers ready for excitement and chaos!

This exciting kids' app, brought to you by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, contains History and Geography fun facts so kids can learn while they test their mind and skills as an Agent, and maybe surprise their parents and teachers along the way. Kids will travel the world, decipher clues and capture the elusive villains in adrenaline-filled missions. Along with suspense and mystery, each pack includes 3 new missions, 2 new mini-games and four new locations.

Download Carmen Sandiego Returns today and watch a new generation of ACME agents catch our favorite villain!

Eli's comments:

Carmen Sandiego Returns

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Genres: Games Education Educational Adventure
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$1.99 USD

Quote:
For her 30th anniversary, Carmen Sandiego Returns with her V.I.L.E. Henchmen for another round of adventure and chaos! Test your skills as an ACME Agent by traveling the world, tracking down clues and capturing the elusive Carmen Sandiego and her Henchmen. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt brings you this exciting game filled with History and Geography along with challenges to test your mind and skills as an Agent.
From the first time you enter ACME Headquarters youre given three missions to track down Carmen Sandiego and her Henchmen. If you have the necessary skills and continue to crave a challenge, find out what other mischief the Villains are getting in to with the next set of Missions available for purchase.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 89.8MB

11-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Woh nice. I remember back in high school we were installing the original Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego in computer lab class

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

11-18-2015, 11:33 AM
Wow i loved Carmen Sandiego as a child great to finaly see it come to the idevices
11-18-2015, 11:57 AM
I remember as a kid playing the originals on my
Apple IIC. Even King's Quest where it took over a minute to load when going to the next screen.

This looks like a definite winner and throwback to the mid 80s.
11-18-2015, 12:02 PM
Imps? And I notice it has IAP. I hope it's for added content and not for FTP gimmicks like timers and other BS.
11-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Woh nice. I remember back in high school we were installing the original Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego in computer lab class
We did the same! Only way I got to play it back then I until I had a CPU of my own that and Oregon trail.
11-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Amazing. I hope it's as good as we all remember.
11-18-2015, 12:32 PM
I hope this is good. Loved the games way back when.
11-18-2015, 12:49 PM
The core game itself is lovely. I just have a couple of gripes with it. 1) Consumable IAP to buy coins, which speed up the travelling times among other things (albeit behind various math questions so that kids...who don't know how to use calculators...can't access the IAP). 2) The runner segments are bad. Like REALLY bad. Like, "Oh my God, what were you thinking?" BAD!!!

There's also a $1.99 IAP for more content that, obviously, I'm fine with.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Via Wikipedia, Carmen Sandiego franchise is aimed at preteens. Does anyone know if this episode is targeting a more mature audience? Thanks in advance

Edit:
Never mind; target age 10-14

Last edited by Derprozess; 11-18-2015 at 12:56 PM.