★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dark Star is an epic arcade shoot-em-up in deepest, darkest space.

Pilot your spacecraft through waves of bad guys barrel-rolling your way ever closer to huge scores and bigger explosions.

Inspired by classic arcade games from the 80s and 90s, Dark Star recaptures that same addictive gameplay but with graphics that finally live up to what those old box arts promised.

Features:
Stunning 3D graphics (running at 60fps on new devices)
All the brilliance and frustration of old-school arcade style challenges
Unique one finger controls
Upgradable and unlockable spaceships
Shoot down enemy ships, clear space junk, dodge missiles and take on giant battle cruisers with a continually evolving mission structure
Most importantly - Barrel Rolls!

Please note, this game features NO in-app purchases. Once you own Dark Star youll get all updates, fixes and new content for free, forever.

Want fancier graphics or a smoother frame rate? Check under the options menu for the graphics switch (in most cases the best graphics settings will be set automatically, we just included it as an option so you can tailor your own space experience to taste).

Questions, comments, queries or requests for things you would like to see in an update can be sent to us at darkstar@thatwonderfullemon.co

Plays best on an iPhone 5 / iPad Air or newer.

Eli's comments:

DARK - STAR

Andrew Madden
Genres: Games Action Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$1.99 USD

Quote:
Dark Star is an epic arcade shoot-em-up in deepest, darkest space.

Pilot your spacecraft through waves of bad guys barrel-rolling your way ever closer to huge scores and bigger explosions.

Inspired by classic arcade games from the 80s and 90s, Dark Star recaptures that same addictive gameplay but with graphics that finally live up to what those old box arts promised.

Features:
Stunning 3D graphics (running at 60fps on new devices)
All the brilliance and frustration of old-school arcade style challenges
Unique use as many fingers as you please controls
Upgradable and unlockable spaceships
Shoot down enemy ships, clear space junk, dodge missiles and take on giant battle cruisers with a continually evolving mission structure
Most importantly - Barrel Rolls!

Loads of updates planned for the future more environments, more ships and more things to explode coming soon. This is a game that will keep on giving.

Please note, this game features NO in-app purchases. Once you own Dark Star youll get all updates, fixes and new content for free, forever.

Want fancier graphics or a smoother frame rate? Check under the options menu for the graphics switch (in most cases the best graphics settings will be set automatically, we just included it as an option so you can tailor your own space experience to taste).

Questions, comments, queries or requests for things you would like to see in an update can be sent to us at darkstar@thatwonderfullemon.co

Requires an iPhone 5 / iPad Air or newer.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.1

Download Size: 81.2MB

11-18-2015, 11:12 AM

11-18-2015, 11:16 AM
Saweet!
11-18-2015, 11:19 AM
A proper endless 3D space shooter? Hells yeah! I hope it has enough significant combat to avoid being a "runner with combat" like Verticus was. I mean Verticus was good IMO, but im looking for a more "3D shmup with some runner mechanics" if that makes any sense.

Are there any IAPs?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-18-2015, 11:22 AM
@Touchy: Thanks for the video man... No offense, but you seem to be having a hard time going through the game. Are there any controls issues that may be causing this?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-18-2015, 11:37 AM
I don't have the time yet to start this (hopefully brilliant *fingers crossed*) on-rail shooter, but a quick heads up for the Dev(s): the icon above (also shown in my swiss store) is not what you finally will have installed on your device. Honestly, both are rather...not so well chosen/designed. Not knowing this title and seeing either icon on my TA's starting site, i would never have checked it out...but who cares (lol, i do) if the actual gameplay will shoot my nagging into oblivion. *crosses even the toes*
11-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
@Touchy: Thanks for the video man... No offense, but you seem to be having a hard time going through the game. Are there any controls issues that may be causing this?
The controls are a bit hyper sensitive and I'm looking for the best way to control the game. Keeping your finger on the screen is the best one I think.
11-18-2015, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I downloaded immediately as it looked beautiful. I definitely feel that the controls could be smoother. It is very difficult to maneuver around and dodge obstacles. Also feel that you don't get enough time to shoot down enemies but that may be resolved through upgrades.
11-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Cool thanks for the responses guys.

11-18-2015, 12:03 PM
This slipped out a touch earlier than I expected!

I'll be keeping an eye here so please do leave comments - I'm working on the next update so if you have something to see let me know. For instance, if you'd like some control over sensitivity (as noted above) drop a note here and I shall look into it.

Also feel free to email me over at darkstar@thatwonderfullemon.co

I really hope you folks enjoy DS!