★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pocket Gamer Silver Award
"A super sharp-edged, but super enjoyable retro platforming challenge"
Pocket Gamer, 8/10
"Super Dangerous Dungeons is just a good, solid platformer"
TouchArcade, 4 stars

Hop into a challenging platforming adventure with the little treasure hunter Timmy! Run and jump your way through trap and puzzle filled corridors, but watch out: the rooms are full of spikes, pits, and other deadly dangers. Do you have what it takes to conquer the dangerous dungeons and reach the legendary treasure?

GAME FEATURES:
- Over 50 challenging levels, including bosses and secret stages!
- Stylish and retro pixel art graphics!
- SNES inspired retro soundtrack by KungFuFurby!
- Time Trial mode and leaderboards for fastest completion times!
- Achievements to prove your dungeon mastery!
- Record and share gameplay clips with ReplayKit! (Requires iOS9+)

Eli's comments:

Super Dangerous Dungeons

Jussi Simpanen
Genres: Games Adventure Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Hop into a challenging platforming adventure with the little treasure hunter Timmy! Run and jump your way through trap and puzzle filled corridors, but watch out: the rooms are full of spikes, pits, and other deadly dangers. Do you have what it takes to conquer the dangerous dungeons and reach the legendary treasure?

GAME FEATURES:
- 48 challenging levels, including bosses and secret stages!
- Stylish and retro pixel art graphics!
- SNES inspired retro soundtrack by KungFuFurby!
- Time Trial mode and leaderboards for fastest completion times!
- 19 Achievements to prove your dungeon mastery!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.1

Download Size: 38.8MB

11-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Oh hey, hello there instabuy.

EDIT: Er... Didnt realize it's free... Downloading now, hoping for a full unlock or ads that can be bought off.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

11-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Oh hey, hello there instabuy.

EDIT: Er... Didnt realize it's free... Downloading now, hoping for a full unlock or ads that can be bought off.
The game is free and shows ads at set intervals, but if you don't want to see them, you can just buy them off with a simple IAP. Remove Ads button is located in pause menu and level selection screen.

Last edited by AdventureIslands; 11-18-2015 at 11:39 AM.
11-18-2015, 11:38 AM
This game is the bomb

Jussi was nice enough to allow me to participate in the Test Flight for SDD. You're all in for a treat!
11-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Had a quick five minute gameplay, and while the controls work responsive, i definitely need to adjust my playstyle. Almost to sensitive they are.

Ads-free cost me $2. Well worth in my short playtime.
11-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Holy friggin sweetness!

Went in to complete the first dungeon (1/4th of the stage mode), and i gotta say this already deserves 5-stars.

The game is all about good controls (the jump inertia is something to get used to though, but it clicks easily) and well-designed platforming stages.

There are 4 dungeons with 10 stages each to complete, but it seems that after completing these dungeons you unlock time trials which is a pretty sweet addition to a game like this.

Also, ads show up in between far and few of the stages and during deaths. $1.99 to get rid of the ads (heyo!).

The only flaw is that the inertia doesnt end when jumping forward or backward. You basically move to that direction as you fall even if you have let go of the direction buttons already. I hope you slowly lose momentum and eventually lose that directional movement while in the air when the direction buttons are not touched.

On the other hand, as a soft-solution, you can tap on the opposite direction coz that allows a bit of control on the aerial momentum part.

Im guessing that could be part of the mechanics that make the game interesting, but it does feel odd and unnatural as opposed to the platformer norms.

That said, 5-stars... Cheers!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Holy friggin sweetness!

Went in to complete the first dungeon (1/4th of the stage mode), and i gotta say this already deserves 5-stars.

The game is all about good controls (the jump inertia is something to get used to though, but it clicks easily) and well-designed platforming stages.

There are 4 dungeons with 10 stages each to complete, but it seems that after completing these dungeons you unlock time trials which is a pretty sweet addition to a game like this.

Also, ads show up in between far and few of the stages and during deaths. $1.99 to get rid of the ads (heyo!).

The only flaw is that the inertia doesnt end when jumping forward or backward. You basically move to that direction as you fall even if you have let go of the direction buttons already. I hope you slowly lose momentum and eventually lose that directional movement while in the air when the direction buttons are not touched.

On the other hand, as a soft-solution, you can tap on the opposite direction coz that allows a bit of control on the aerial momentum part.

Im guessing that could be part of the mechanics that make the game interesting, but it does feel odd and unnatural as opposed to the platformer norms.

That said, 5-stars... Cheers!
A thumbs up from you says instabuy to me
11-18-2015, 12:22 PM
A new COLOR version (sequel?) to Tiny Dangerous Dungeons? Um.. Yeah. Downloading on my iPad when I get home and removing those ads. Sweet surprise!
11-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
A new COLOR version (sequel?) to Tiny Dangerous Dungeon? Um.. Yeah. Downloading on my iPad when I get home and removing those ads. Sweet surprise!
It's not actually. TDD was a metroidvania, while this is stage-based.

11-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
A new COLOR version (sequel?) to Tiny Dangerous Dungeons? Um.. Yeah. Downloading on my iPad when I get home and removing those ads. Sweet surprise!
Super Dangerous Dungeons is a complete remake of my very first game Dangerous Dungeons I created over 4 years ago, you can check it out here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/4102 Because SuperDD is a remake, it's not metroidvania like TinyDD, but if I ever make a new Dangerous Dungeons game, I might go back to the metroidvania style.