★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Digfender is easily one of the best tower defense games I've played in a long time" - TOUCH ARCADE

"There's a million tower defense games but only one like this" - GAMERANX

Beneath your castle an enemy lies waiting. Grab your shovel and prepare your defenses!

Dig deep into the ground and find valuable treasures and ancient relics to help you on your mission. Then use your loot to build powerful towers, set clever traps and unleash spectacular magic on your enemies.

FEATURES
- Over 70 challenging levels
- 5 upgrade trees to customize your defenses
- Survival mode - challenge your friends to beat your high score
- Leaderboards and achievements
- No paywalls or wait timers
- Digging. Everyone loves digging

Terms of service: http://www.mugshotgames.com/terms

Boardumb's comments:

11-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Thought this was a CastleMine clone at first, then I found out it's technically an official sequel. Glad I saw this, one of my favorites.

11-19-2015, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiboy View Post
Thought this was a CastleMine clone at first, then I found out it's technically an official sequel. Glad I saw this, one of my favorites.
Me too. Just picked it up and so far really enjoying it. It's not much different to the first one - more of an upgrade than a sequel - but if you liked the first I can't see any reason why you wouldn't enjoy this one.
11-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Picked this up for iPhone 6+. Like the overall game play and fact you can control to some degree the path the creeps take. However at least on my device I cannot progress past level 8 because game crashes to home screen every time during one of the last two waves. Have tried closing all other apps before playing that level and it made no difference .

Putting this aside until I hear whether this is my issue or the app's
11-19-2015, 04:31 PM
I've only played a few levels so far, but I'm enjoying it too. I really liked CastleMine, hopefully this will be more of the same.
11-19-2015, 04:40 PM
I am totally loving this. It's like kingdom rush insofar as you have reasons to go back and do levels again for maps and relics which can be challenging but give powerful rewards in the form of special global upgrades.

I came across this and just had to run here and let you guys know. Haven't had this much TD fun in ages!

Way to go Devs!!!
11-19-2015, 09:28 PM
Dev here, thanks for the all positive feedback!

You're right that this is more of a CastleMine reboot than a true sequel. We basically tried to keep the core gameplay that made CastleMine fun and improve everything else around it.

We've been looking into buzznaut's crash but so far haven't been able to reproduce it on any of our devices. If anyone else runs into something similar, or you have any questions about anything, please let me know!
11-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiv View Post
Dev here, thanks for the all positive feedback!

You're right that this is more of a CastleMine reboot than a true sequel. We basically tried to keep the core gameplay that made CastleMine fun and improve everything else around it.

We've been looking into buzznaut's crash but so far haven't been able to reproduce it on any of our devices. If anyone else runs into something similar, or you have any questions about anything, please let me know!
My 6+ is also crashing to the home screen. Mine happens on the final wave of level 5 though instead of level 8 like buzznaut. Same result though and same device...
11-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Hi Snooptalian and buzznaut,

We have identified the likely cause of the issue -- we're running your massive screens too hard for the amount of RAM on the device! Thankfully, we have a standard resolution that most phones run at, which will still look good and should prevent any more crashes.

We'll be asking Apple to rush through the update (although it is at their discretion), so with a little luck this will be resolved within a few days!
11-20-2015, 04:09 AM
Just a quick update for iPhone 6 plus users. We've submitted the fixed version (1.0.8) so now we're just waiting for it to pass through certification.

Thanks buzznaut and Snooptalian for reporting it!