★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A huge thanks to the puzzle guys on Touch Arcade for getting Str8ts 6 x 6 on the ....

09-29-2009, 11:10 PM
A huge thanks to the puzzle guys on Touch Arcade for getting Str8ts 6 x 6 on the ....

"What we're playing" list on iTunes today. There is a group of guys on Touch Arcade that always pop up when a new puzzle game is presented on the forum. They look at ever puzzle with open eyes and minds. They love new concepts more than anything else, they openly discuss the game and test the puzzle to make great comments. The reason Str8ts 6 x 6 made the list had a lot to do with these guys discussing and reviewing my games. Look at the names in the forums related to puzzles and the ones who rated my games on iTunes to know who they are. I thank all of them and will always remember there help.

Thanks Jeff
09-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Congrats on being listed! Str8ts deserves to be highlighted it is that simple! But you are right touch Arcade is a very special forum, with a lot of knowledgeable and open minded users, that are always polite and willing to help. I guess your next step will be getting the puzzler in to more and more newspapers. Best of luck!
09-30-2009, 10:14 AM

I play Str8ts almost daily.

Still haven't been able to grok Domino Dice yet...

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
09-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Congratulations on getting featured, but user ratings and touch arcade probably have less to do with getting listed under "What we're playing" than you seem to think.

I assume you got the usual email from Apple announcing that they "love your game" and expressing their intention to help market it. My understanding is that Apple uses that particular promotional category to help shed light on obscure or underperforming games that someone at Apple found interesting. There are plenty of games that were never discussed here that Apple decided to promote via "What we're playing."

Enjoy the ride while you can. The best case scenario is that your game will be boosted to a top list where it'll get some serious visibility.

10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks Phil,

I didn't receive any notification from iTunes. I just checked my sales and noticed a whole bunch of sales from foreign countries. Then I stumbled upon the Str8ts 6 x 6 icon spilled my morning coffee and did the usual fist clutching dance.