★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for a game similar to Dark souls

11-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Looking for a game similar to Dark souls

I'm looking for something to play on my Iphone 6 that will be similar to Dark souls / Bloodborne. What I mean by similar is something that let's you explore without telling you what to do so you're free to go wherever you please, something that has bosses, and something with a hard difficulty. I would really like it if it has a lot of replay value. Also, "realistic" graphics usually look bad to me on mobile phones, I prefer bit graphics that looks good.

So far I heared about Wayward souls. Is it really that good? Is it hard? Is it fun to replay it or will I get bored after 2 playthroughs?
11-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Just wait for Capcom to fix MHFU,they'll do that for sure before or right before Christmas (just like Bioshock's fix).
But for now you might as well play IRE - blood memory and/or as you said Wayward souls.

Now these are not really Dark souls-ish but still have something similar to it.

If you want more open-world exploration type of a game then get Terraria,it has boss fights,huge raids,biomes and all kinds of awesome stuff but I'm suggesting you to wait for 1.2.4 iOS update (which will obviously get released soon,in December probably,since it has been announced already) which is very big and awesome.

There is also Infinity blade...more like 3 infinity blades with very nice yet simple combat style.

Last edited by Kenan2000; 11-21-2015 at 06:31 PM.

11-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
Just wait for Capcom to fix MHFU,they'll do that for sure before or right before Christmas (just like Bioshock's fix).
But for now you might as well play IRE - blood memory and/or as you said Wayward souls.
What's the problem with monster hunter?

And as I said, I don't like all those games that attempt to have realistic graphics. They usually looks weird and have a lot of awkward animations. I've watched gameplays of IRE and it looked really bad in terms of graphics and animations imo. Can you please answer my Wayward questions if you played it?
11-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateRidingParrot View Post
What's the problem with monster hunter?

And as I said, I don't like all those games that attempt to have realistic graphics. They usually looks weird and have a lot of awkward animations. I've watched gameplays of IRE and it looked really bad in terms of graphics and animations imo. Can you please answer my Wayward questions if you played it?
Monster hunter does not really have any realistic graphics...well...it's a pretty old game tbh and it is the only game that can satisfy your Dark Souls-ish needs on iOS.It's currently broken on all 64 bit devices,so Capcom pulled it from the AppStore.Now we're all waiting for them to fix it.

About Wayward souls:I'm sorry,I have not played it but I've heard that it is a very good game,ask Exact-Pscience more about it,he definitely knows much more.

There is also The Quest by Redshift (If you're on iPad,just put iPhone only in AppStore search,works on all devices and all iOS versions,thank God) even though it's not really like Dark Souls but it is truly the best open-world rpg game on iOS with bit graphics,great open world,story,gameplay,the biggest amount of replay value you can get on iOS.

Last edited by Kenan2000; 11-21-2015 at 06:43 PM.
11-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Wayward Souls is great. It's somewhat of a roguelike. It's kind of a Zelda-ish adventure game at least in the fighting style. The levels are random, you go through and kill monsters, I'm not sure how many dungeons there are. You earn coins to buy permanent power ups and there are characters you can unlock as well. It's not exploration like Dark Souls but it is a great game if you like roguelikes.
11-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragn4rok 74 View Post
Wayward Souls is great. It's somewhat of a roguelike. It's kind of a Zelda-ish adventure game at least in the fighting style. The levels are random, you go through and kill monsters, I'm not sure how many dungeons there are. You earn coins to buy permanent power ups and there are characters you can unlock as well. It's not exploration like Dark Souls but it is a great game if you like roguelikes.
But is it fun to replay? I would probably replay this game a lot and if it gets boring or stale after 2 or 3 replays I'd rather get something else.
11-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Quote:
But is it fun to replay? I would probably replay this game a lot and if it gets boring or stale after 2 or 3 replays I'd rather get something else.
I think so because of the unlocks of characters and things there is always that desire to get further. I've never beaten it but there is an end. I owned it on android and bought it again for my iPad Air. Lots of people really dig this game.
11-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragn4rok 74 View Post
I think so because of the unlocks of characters and things there is always that desire to get further. I've never beaten it but there is an end. I owned it on android and bought it again for my iPad Air. Lots of people really dig this game.

Ok I bought it. Thanks for the help
11-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Ok I bought it. Thanks for the help
Cool. I hope you enjoy it!
11-22-2015, 10:31 AM
Wayward souls is not much at all like dark souls... BUT, it is a pretty damn good game.