★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Setting the "Availability Day" on the day the "Ready for Sale" email arrives not work

09-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Setting the "Availability Day" on the day the "Ready for Sale" email arrives not work

Twice now I have set the Availability Day to the current day around 3-4 hours after the "Ready for Sale" email and in both cases neither application has been displayed in the New Releases list.

I have submitted around 8 updates before and this has always worked. Did something change after the iTunesConnect outage last weekend?

Has anyone successfully updated an application in the last week and seen it appear on the New Release list?

Follow on Twitter for Promo Codes and News!
09-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm having the same problem. I had an app approved for sale on 9/28/09, set the availability date to the same day shortly after receiving the approval e-mail, but the release date still shows as 9/19/09. It's been almost 2 days since I changed the availability date, yet the release date still doesn't change in iTunes. As a result, my app was never at the top of the new release list.

My app is brand new, as opposed to an update. I'm not sure if that affects the problem we're seeing.

I sent a message to Apple through iTunes Connect about the problem, but they haven't responded.

09-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm in the exact same boat. App was approved on the 28th, but the date is stuck at the 16th.
09-30-2009, 11:30 AM
My last update was about two weeks ago, and it went up fine. Looks like updates went up fine for many yesterday, given the listed dates. Hopefully this is just a glitch, and not a blanket change. Without the bump, we don't have a lot of reasons to give people free updates.
09-30-2009, 12:50 PM
I had an update for one of our other apps go live the day before our new app went live. The release date on the update worked fine, but the date on the new one wouldn't change.
09-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little White Bear Studios View Post
My last update was about two weeks ago, and it went up fine. Looks like updates went up fine for many yesterday, given the listed dates. Hopefully this is just a glitch, and not a blanket change. Without the bump, we don't have a lot of reasons to give people free updates.
Apart from keeping the customer satisfied of course!

Check out Sheepish, 100+ levels of puzzle fun! With sheep!
And more about us: www.pixelthismobile.com
plus+ id: Newtz
09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed View Post
I had an update for one of our other apps go live the day before our new app went live. The release date on the update worked fine, but the date on the new one wouldn't change.
Maybe the problem is only with new apps then. I know of other people who have had updates (not new apps) approved recently who have not had this problem. The app I'm having a problem with is a new app.

Backgammon NJ | TV Grid Listings - XMLTV Viewer | Spellbound NJ
http://iphone.njsoftware.com
09-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelthisMike View Post
Apart from keeping the customer satisfied of course!
Well hopefully the game was satisfying to begin with.
09-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Software View Post
Maybe the problem is only with new apps then. I know of other people who have had updates (not new apps) approved recently who have not had this problem. The app I'm having a problem with is a new app.
No, I had the same problem when updating version 1.4 of one of my apps.

I changed the "Availability Date" both times around 3-6 hours after I got the confirmation email.

(It seems to be working for some as I'm looking at 4 "applications" from the infamous McApps at the top of the Adventure category)

Follow on Twitter for Promo Codes and News!

Last edited by karlth; 09-30-2009 at 05:19 PM.
10-01-2009, 06:42 AM
I had same problem yesterday, but successfully changed the release date on an App on the 28th, so hopefully this is a temporary feature rather than related to all that crap from last week.