★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: What if the sun inexplicably vanished only to return hours later? Investigate with your AI companion, Moti. Uncover conspiracies. Discover ancient religions. Travel the globe.

Find out who is murdering scientists and what this has to do with the random disappearances of the sun. This is your journey, and only your choices can expose the truth.

Choices is a path-based adventure with a difference - the story regularly updates, and is ongoing. No one player can discover the entire story in a single play through. See how many other players travelled to the same place as you each time you conclude a story arc.

Are you ready?

Continue your adventures with Moti by subscribing through the app. If you choose to subscribe, you will be charged a price according to your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment.

Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current 1, 3 or 6 month periods. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.

Eli's comments:

Choices: And The Sun Went Out

Tin Man Games
Genres: Games Entertainment Computers & Internet Role Playing Adventure Magazines & Newspapers
Free

Quote:
What if the sun inexplicably vanished only to return hours later? Investigate with your AI companion, Moti. Uncover conspiracies. Discover ancient religions. Travel the globe.

Find out who is murdering scientists and what this has to do with the random disappearances of the sun. This is your journey, and only your choices can expose the truth.

Choices is a path-based adventure with a difference - the story regularly updates, and is ongoing. No one player can discover the entire story in a single play through. See how many other players travelled to the same place as you each time you conclude a story arc.

Are you ready?

Continue your adventures with Moti by subscribing through the app. If you choose to subscribe, you will be charged a price according to your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment.

Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current 1, 3 or 6 month periods. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 69.3MB

11-25-2015, 07:21 PM
This one got me intrigued.
Anyone paid for subscription? What's the deal with all that stuff? Is it worth paying?

11-26-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm also interested. The initial chapter is interesting but I would really like to know more. How often will it be updated? How much story is there? How does one cancel the subscription?
11-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Hi, thanks for showing interest in the game!

I'm a dev for Choices, so I'll try to answer all your questions.

The story will be updated weekly, where each update brings about a quarter of a story arc/chapter. Half of Arc 2/Chapter 2 is already available now for subscribers, and you should receive a Push Notification (if you enable it) late next week once our first update is ready.

Subscription can be cancelled from the iTunes user account page (Apple handles all subscriptions management in iTunes). This page might help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

I hope I answered your questions!
12-05-2015, 05:54 AM
Send a message via ICQ to putermcgee
I was cautious about subscribing because I have way too many games to play, and I'd most certainly fall behind on the updates as they hit. However, I enjoyed the free part, and got the 6-month sub because as long as I play through the story, I think $3 is a good deal.

I'm through all the content that's available now, so now it's a meter of whether I can keep up with it, or if I fall behind and forget the story so much that I can't get back into it.

One thing I'd recommend is waiting to ask for permission to push notifications to users until they've actually played far enough to know what they are for. I find most games/apps are annoying with notifications, so I typically hit "no" if asked at first launch. Now that I can see how they would be helpful, I have to go scrolling through a huge list of apps in my settings.

Oh, I guess another thing would be to have something about auto-renewals in the options. Even if it's something the user has to do manually on the App Store, maybe have some guidance built in.
12-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Interesting concept..... will try it out...

Get Chewy Toons X'mas LINE sticker today!
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/1214450/en
12-05-2015, 09:10 AM
putermcgee, those are good suggestions, actually. I'm gonna try to see if I can delay the push notification request until Arc 2, which is most likely when the player knows for sure whether or not they want it.

I've also been considering adding a help section in the menu options, so I can include the subscription management info there.

By the way, thank you for subscribing, and I hope you continue to enjoy the game!
12-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Send a message via ICQ to putermcgee
What's the release schedule for updates on this?
12-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Content updates (new parts of the story) are scheduled every Friday, around 3 PM Melbourne time. Except if a typo is found, then it's fixed immediately.

App updates don't have a fixed schedule. They are usually only needed for bug fixes of the app, and depend on how quickly Apple is able to approve the updates.
12-10-2015, 02:52 AM
Faulty :(

The game would not work on my phone, it just came up as a blank grey background with no options.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
I've already tried deleting the app and re-downloading it.