★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Discover epic loot by scanning barcodes from everyday items! All items are procedurally-generated and completely one of a kind. Amazing gear can be found by hunting through your household pantry or local supermarket.

Find rare and unique gear to equip your hero and build your card deck. Explore randomly generated dungeons and encounter hordes of monsters. Duel challenging enemies in heated card battles and test your strength.

Eli's comments:

Code of Arms

Brian Wurster
Genres: Games Card Role Playing
Free

Quote:
Discover epic loot by scanning barcodes from everyday items! All items are procedurally-generated and completely one of a kind. Amazing gear can be found by hunting through your household pantry or local supermarket.

Find rare and unique gear to equip your hero and build your card deck. Explore randomly generated dungeons and encounter hordes of monsters. Duel challenging enemies in heated card battles and test your strength.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 75.9MB

11-25-2015, 01:51 PM
I love this game so far it's kinda like dungelot with card combat and no IAP it's crazy I have been going nuts getting new cards off barcodes

11-25-2015, 02:14 PM
3 years of solo gamedev, Code of Arms is finally released!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/code-of-arms/id1059589325 FREE

I have been working on this game, by myself, for the last 3 years. There are easily 1000+ hours of work invested. Scan barcodes to find loot, build your deck and card battle with dungeon monsters! The game is free, so I hope everyone will give it a try and pass along your feedback.

Code of Arms

Quote:
Discover epic loot by scanning barcodes from everyday items! All items are procedurally-generated and completely one of a kind. Amazing gear can be found by hunting through your household pantry or local supermarket.

11-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Uh... what's the catch?
11-25-2015, 04:40 PM
This is the PERFECT game for when I'm trapped in the grocery store while my wife coupons.

Grats to the dev on finishing your project.

Also, the rat artwork is win.
11-25-2015, 04:56 PM
This is a fun little rogue type game. But free?! What gives? You gonna take my first born or something?
11-25-2015, 05:26 PM
I like the game but i really would appreciate sound without music.
11-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
Yes, that was the first disappointment for me.
11-25-2015, 06:12 PM
A free barcode-scanning game without IAP? That's awesome!
11-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Quote:
This is a fun little rogue type game. But free?! What gives? You gonna take my first born or something?
Nope, no IAP, no price, just free. I made this game as a hobby and started with the intention of selling it. After three years of working on it, I decided I just wanted to build the game I envisioned and complete the marathon task of finishing. That achievement is enough for me, any posts/reviews/tweets I get from users who are having fun with it is enough payment for me. Reading all of your posts feels really great, so keep 'em coming. I want to know what people are finding out there, where can we find the Legendary items, even I don't know.

I did discover a bug this afternoon, the healing cards aren't working properly. A bugfix is already in to Apple for review.

Quote:
Also, the rat artwork is win.
Thanks, that one isn't even my favorite

Quote:
I can add sound without music pretty easy, I'll add that to the feature list. That was just an arbitrary decision I made along the way.

Code of Arms - A barcode scanning, card battling dungeon crawler. Out now for iOS