★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mr. Mahjong touch! (FDG) — Now Available!

09-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Mr. Mahjong touch! (FDG) — Now Available!

Just wanted to update the forums and move the news of the game Mr Mahjong Touch that I worked on with FDG Entertainment has finally been released — a mere 1½ months after its first submission to the App-Store!

As always, if you enjoy the game, it would be great if you could take the time to leave a star-rating and short written-review on the App-Store, to let others know and to help spread the word.

You can grab it here:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=327360412&mt=8

Price: US$4.99 / UK£2.99

Quote:
At last you can play this superb range of Mahjong games on your iPhone and iPod touch! Mr. Mahjong brings you fabulous puzzle-solving fun from the Far East. The latest touch controls and high-definition display make Mr. Mahjong touch the best version yet by far! A real treat!

- Based on the popular Mr Mahjong series.
- 4 different tilesets, 100 layouts.
- 100+ optional add-on layouts.
- Play in landscape or portrait mode.
- Score extra points with combos and fever-mode.
- Trophy system.
- Zoomable gameplay area.
- Undo, shuffle, hint, highlight and Joker features.

Enjoy over 100 different layouts in a sublimely relaxed atmosphere bathed in a beautiful soundscape. The tiles have been meticulously designed to guarantee maximum visibility of all the tiles at all times. In addition, the game is played against a variety of stunning backdrops to make the experience even more exotic and intriguing.

Mr. Mahjong touch will provide hours of fun, extra features to unlock, over 100 additional optional layouts and a unique multi-function menu makes the game totally user-friendly. You can also display the game in portrait or landscape format which will automatically adjust to your requirements. Don't miss out on this masterpiece, and buy it now at the budget price!

• Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth • Parachute Panic • Chicken Raid
• Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 09-30-2009 at 07:56 AM.
09-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Now that is a sublimely relaxing rendition of Mahjong

Best of luck and success to you Brett also to Future777(FDG in general )

09-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Best of luck and success to you Brett also to Future777(FDG in general
Thanks, rich΄!

FDG Entertainment
Across Age, Banana Kong, Venture Kid, Blosics, Bloody Harry, Blueprint 3D, Blossom Tales, Monster Boy, LONEWOLF, Beyond Ynth, Tower Boxing, Paperama, Car Toons!, Chicken Raid, Clear Vision, Crystal Siege, Tentacle Wars, Expand it!, Captain Antarctica, Cover Orange, Roar Rampage, Slayin, Slide Circus, Oceanhorn, Parachute Panic, Physics Gamebox, Bobby Carrot Series and many more!
Follow us on Twitter
09-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Man, Apple had Mr. Mahjong Touch in review for a month and a half, my guess is that they couldn't stop playing it
09-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Man, Apple had Mr. Mahjong Touch in review for a month and a half, my guess is that they couldn't stop playing it
It got rejected twice for teeny-tiny "issues"...
Third time lucky!

• Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth • Parachute Panic • Chicken Raid
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm familiar with the fact that there's a very popular tile game out there called Mahjong, but I've never played it before. This certainly looks interesting, but is there an in-depth help mode for people who have never played in any way before?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I'm familiar with the fact that there's a very popular tile game out there called Mahjong, but I've never played it before. This certainly looks interesting, but is there an in-depth help mode for people who have never played in any way before?
The game comes with a detailed Manual and also a Hints section to help you get the best of the game.
The basic principle of the gameplay is really simple anyway, and you can pick it up in half a minute, and you can then refine your gameplay strategies as you play further...

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 09-30-2009 at 09:05 AM.
09-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
The game comes with a detailed Manual and also a Hints section to help you get the best of the game.
The basic principle of the gameplay is really simple anyway, and you can pick it up in half a minute...

Cool. Thanks...if I can afford it, I'll certainly pick it up.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Awesome, hopefully this is better than Mahjongg Aritifacts.
09-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Awesome, hopefully this is better than Mahjongg Aritifacts.
Ugh! Mahjongg Artifacts was a major disappointment!
Anything's gotta be better than that was!