Run and Rock-it Kristie - a love letter to all Rayman fans

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ABmirage, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABmirage

ABmirage Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Founder
    #1 ABmirage, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone!

Please welcome our first iOS title - Run and Rock-it Kristie - a game that combines the excitement of unlocking new guitar solos with a "find a perfect route" platforming gameplay.

App Store (free download): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-and-rock-it-kristie/id1021084072?mt=8

The goal of the game is simple — help Kristie get to the show to throw down a spectacular guitar performance, unique to each stage of the game. Of course the road to stardom is treacherous and filled with obstacles, hazards and enemies, so it won't be a walk in the park.

[​IMG]

Features:

• Original world, artwork, characters and fluid character animation.
    • Each level comes with a unique guitar solo performed by Kristie, the main character. Those solos are awesome and completely original.
    • It's easy to pick up and play, but difficult to master. (What a cliché, I know... =)
    • No "lives", "energy", "gems" or other artificial timer/currency gameplay barriers.
    • All of the upcoming level packs are free for players who purchased the full version of the game with a single in-app purchase.
    • Available in 14 languages.

[​IMG]

We spent the last two years working on the game to come up with something we ourselves enjoyed playing.

[​IMG]

Initial release comes with three tours, 30 stages total, set During Summer, Fall and Winter.
    More tours to come with updates.

[​IMG]

When you beat the level perfectly and hear that cheer of a crowd, the confetti cannon and the fireworks... It's incredible, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do myself =)

[​IMG]

Any suggestions or criticism would be welcome!

BTW, if you enjoy reading developer diary and "behind the scenes" kind of stuff, please check out our Twitter. We regularly post the most interesting and cool insights during development.

ABmirage.com | Facebook | Newsletter

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game looks really good. Watched the trailer and it's better than what I thought .

3. ABmirage

ABmirage Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Founder
    Thank you! We're working on an extended trailer which will show a lot more of the gameplay.
    I'll post it here as soon as it's ready (probably on Dec, 5th too).

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks pretty awesome, I love it when games have strong female lead characters

5. ABmirage

ABmirage Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Founder
    Me too! There's actually a funny story which helped us decide whether the character would be male or female. When we began prototyping (with a very drafty male character), my good friend tried the prototype and these were his exact words: "Oh, man... Another Contra rip-off!".

:eek:

Needless to say it not only affected the gameplay, but the sex of the character as well :D

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I'm getting a strong Rayman vibe here. Really looking forward to it.

7. ABmirage

ABmirage Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Founder
    If you enjoyed Rayman Jungle/Fiesta Run, you're going to be right at home with Run and Rock-it Kristie. It's a promise!

8. ABmirage

ABmirage Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Founder
    #8 ABmirage, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  9. ABmirage

ABmirage Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Founder
  10. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member