★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is the official, authorized online version of Dominion by Donald X. Vaccarino. Dominion is the original deck-building card game that has won numerous awards and spawned an entire genre. Build up a powerful kingdom of knights, nobles and witches to conquer duchies and provinces!

This connecting game client enables you to join the global community of Dominion players, as you compete online against 1-5 other real players or against AI bots in campaign or practice games. This free app includes access to the entire base set of Dominion for solo and multiplayer matches, as well as a tutorial and a 3-act campaign.

Players may optionally make in-app purchases of some or all of the official Dominion expansions to access additional cards and campaigns: Intrigue, Seaside, Alchemy, Prosperity, Cornucopia, Hinterlands, Dark Ages, Guilds, and Adventures. Online expansions are priced at about 1/3 of the retail box expansions. People purchasing expansions and cards may create games using them and invite others who do not own the cards to play together.

Please note that this is a game client for the online Dominion service and requires an internet connection to play. There is no offline or pass-n-play mode.

strivemind's comments:

Dominion

Making Fun, Inc.
Genres: Games Entertainment Card Board
Free

Quote:
This is the official, authorized version of Dominion by Donald X. Vaccarino. Dominion is the original deck-building card game that has won numerous awards and spawned an entire genre. Build up a powerful kingdom of knights, nobles and witches to conquer duchies and provinces. Play online against 1-4 other real players, or play against AI bots in campaign or practice games.

The free download includes access to the entire base set of Dominion for solo and multiplayer matches, as well as a tutorial and three Campaign collections leveraging cards mostly from the base set, a $44.95+ value.

Players may optionally make in-app purchases of the official Dominion expansion sets to access additional cards and Campaigns: Intrigue, Seaside, Alchemy, Prosperity, Cornucopia, Hinterlands, Dark Ages and Guilds.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 320.8MB

Official Trailer:

It's finally here!
11-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Omfg...

12-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Just had a quick go and it seems very nicely put together. Get a lot here for free.

Weird it uses a virtual currency (gold) to buy Expansions. 90 dollars to buy all of them in 1 hit. Don't think I can resist!

Not sure if you earn any of the gold by playing campaign but I won the first level (on my first attempt muahaha) and didn't get any gold so seems not.

Single Expansions are a lot cheaper but I'm gonna fill my boots with the whole shebang!!
12-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Simple question. Does this need full time internet connection? Is it "one of those" apps?
12-01-2015, 04:34 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Simple question. Does this need full time internet connection? Is it "one of those" apps?
Yep!

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
12-01-2015, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Yep!
Cheers. Won't be buying anything then. Will download when I can give a damn.
12-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Anyone else not able to access tutorial 2???
12-01-2015, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Anyone else not able to access tutorial 2???
Apparently you need to log in to play part 2 of the tutorial.
12-01-2015, 06:06 AM
Same old, same old

First impressions:

- needs permanent internet connection
- IAP implemented by using Ducats which have to be bought with Dollars
- prices for IAP : 75, 150, 200 for Expansions, 15 for Promocards
- Ducat prices and IAP designed in a way that you inevitably have leftover Ducats. E.g.: Buying everything costs 1115 Ducats. Best deal seems to buy 1200 Ducats for 89.99 Dollars
- the second level of the tutorial campaign cant be accessed (throws an error "locked campaign level")
- game crashed after finishing the first game of base - act 1
- ads will be shown from time to time; there seems no way to turn them off by IAP
12-01-2015, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverstomp View Post
First impressions:

- ads will be shown from time to time; there seems no way to turn them off by IAP
Really they remain after a purchase? Have you bought any gold/Ducats?