★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hi, How Are You

09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi, How Are You

I was wondering if anyone tried this game out...It looks very well put together. I Do apologize if this has been posted but I used the search and came up short.

http://appshopper.com/link/hi-how-are-you Only $.99

Hi, How Are You

"...the result is a kind of psycho-religious version of Frogger..." - New York Times

"...as loving a tribute to an artist as I've seen from a game..." - Offworld.com

"Daniel Johnston's iPhone Game Is Predictably Bizarre, Bizarrely Fun" - Gizmodo.com

"...pure Johnston..." - PocketGamer

"Hi, How Are You" is a fun filled 3d arcade puzzle platformer based on the artwork and music of highly acclaimed indie artist Daniel Johnston.

As a tribute to Daniel Johnston and his fans, we are offering "Hi, How Are You" at a special introductory price – get it now before this limited bargain offer ends!

This game is the first toon-shaded 3d puzzle platform game to arrive on the iPhone / iPod Touch! It features a universe filled with dynamic physics driven gameplay, surreal enemies, challenging puzzles, and Daniel Johnston’s critically acclaimed art and music.

The story begins with Satan turning the innocent Jeremiah into a frog and stealing the object of his affection. Jeremiah must progress through 25+ devilish levels to reverse the curse that Satan has bestowed upon him and win back his true love.

* 25+ challenging levels that gradually increase in difficulty, catering to players of all skill levels, from novice to expert gamer.
* Play as one of four different characters as you progress through the game. Complete the whole game to unlock all characters for any level.
* Control your character using intuitive tilt controls or the virtual on screen joystick controls.
* Lots of physics obstacles, puzzles, and enemies to outrun, outsmart and outmaneuver.
* Never before seen on iPhone: Fully toon shaded environments and characters that bring Daniel’s marker art style to life.
* Over 20+ achievements to collect. Each one unlocks a unique piece of Daniel's artwork for you to view.
* Sound track comprised of some of Daniel’s best songs and poignant lyrics.
* Race the clock or go for the bonus blocks to earn your bronze, silver, or gold trophies.
* Automatically share your achievements with your friends on Facebook.
* Optimized for all generation iPhone/iPod-Touch devices.

* For additional information please visit www.hihowareyougame.com
* For additional support please e-mail info@hihowareyougame.com

Game Center: Diligence

Last edited by GodSon; 09-30-2009 at 12:29 PM.
09-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos
This reminds me of Super Mario 64...instant buy!!

09-30-2009, 12:28 PM
this is definitely the most remade thread in recent memory. i'm always tempted to buy the game each time as well. it's on my wishlist.
09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
It kinda looks too good for $1.19, so I am cautious of buying it.
09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
There are actually two other threads on this game -- there seems to be a glitch in the search mechanism that is showing no results when you use the name. You can find it by searching for "Johnston." In any event, here's the thread:

And yes, it's pretty awesome, particularly if you like Daniel Johnston's music or lo-fi indie music in general. It's definitely not a traditional platformer, but it's beautifully designed and animated, and there's even a simple but rather poignant story to it. One of my better recent buys.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
Originally Posted by Sambo110 View Post
It kinda looks too good for $1.19, so I am cautious of buying it.
It is that good - though, as I said above, not a traditional platformer.