★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pathos is a roguelike adventure game inspired by the rule set from Nethack. Choose from 13 classes and journey deep into the dungeon. Descend to hell to defeat your nemesis before escaping the dungeon with all the loot you can carry!

callanh's comments:
Apple iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pathos-nethack-codex/id1045848120?ls=1&mt=8

Pathos is a roguelike adventure game based on the rule set from Nethack. The game engine was built from scratch for touch screen devices. Pathos captures the essence of Nethack while being quick and fun to play.

The Wizard discovers a Treasure Zoo!

For more platforms and game play videos:

http://pathos.x10host.com

12-01-2015, 07:40 PM
I really love this game all the updates since release show that the developer really cares this is somewhere between the original nethack and waz hack lets just say it's on my top ten list of best dungeon crawlers ever I am going nuts trying to make the hall of fame lol

12-01-2015, 09:20 PM
I just wish it did not require 9.1..
12-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Apologies, I must have made a mistake in the build process as it should work on 7.0+. Unfortunately, it will be at least a week before Apple reviews and publishes the next build.
12-02-2015, 02:40 AM
Nice, I really can't wait to start playing this.
12-02-2015, 09:08 PM
The searching button makes the character look like he is abusing himself. It makes me laugh. That aside, this game is really enjoyable.
12-04-2015, 12:41 AM
This might be my favorite roguelike on the platform. It's certainly my favorite Nethack implementation.

I do wish it'd remember my zoom setting and preserve it. It resets on level changes and it's a little too tight for me.

I'd also prefer the viewport have a bit more margin in front of the player before hitting screen edge--it's really claustrophobic when you're pushing the view while walking, and I'd appreciate being able to look ahead on the map a little more.

Edit: just replayed and it does seem sane on its viewport margin. But I distinctly remember feeling like I was walking off the side of the screen when trying it out originally--not sure what I'm recalling.

Those changes plus being able to two-finger scroll the map would make it nearly perfect.

Last edited by geoelectric; 12-04-2015 at 12:44 AM.
12-04-2015, 05:57 AM
Hey thanks for the feedback - the zoom setting is easy and the two-finger panning is a great suggestion. I've definitely worked on making the viewport useful by default since the original releases. The fading out of the top journal of messages really helps free up some space as well. Glad you like the game!
12-04-2015, 08:33 AM
Can you give us an update when the game no longer requires 9.1, as I am not yet updating to that iOS version and really wanna play this.
12-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Hey @Kedens and anyone who else is keen is more than welcome to email me hodgskin.callan@gmail.com and I'll sign up you up to the beta channel.