★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: LISTEN to your MUSIC and TAP along with the BEAT!

Become the planet's MAYOR...Play with the included electronic hits, or jam your own catchy collection of SONGS and tap along to the RHYTHM. Earn some NOTES with your mix to remix and transform your world with high-energy concussive beats! Get ready to build a MIDI Controller and stream your catchy music to your citizens! Watch as they feel the flow and dance along with your rhythm and groove!

GAME HIGHLIGHTS
1) Tap to your own beat and develop your very own planet
2) Challenge aliens to an intergalactic groove-off
3) Play your favorite, catchy songs with iTunes® & Apple Music®
4) Discover the keys & chords of your songs
5) Collect the most exclusive, latest EDM hits
6) Rock out with fantastic iMessage® stickers
7) Play on multiple devices through saves via iCloud
8) Unlock an amazing collection of buildings and large cast of funky characters
9) Challenge your friends on Game Center

One of the GREATEST clicker and idle games out there!
Ranked the #1 strategy game in 5 countries, the #1 music game in 7 countries, and the #1 grossing music game in Hong Kong, GROOVE PLANET is pure music madness! Hijack the airwaves, fill the cosmos with an awesome rhythm, and build the first ever planet of groove in the whole universe!

Become a Groove Planet music master today! Get ready to make your fingers dance and DROP THAT BEAT!

Stay tuned with us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/GroovePlanetGame

animocabrands's comments:

DOWNLOAD NOW!

12-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Wow! I am truly impressed!

Simple beat tapping, but has deep clicker upgrade mechanics. Only played about 30 mins so far, but im dropping 5-stars for this. Great beats that come with it, fantastic visuals, really good rhythm accuracy, and you can even play songs in your own playlist!

IAPs are the standard IAP for extra currency. Plus, there are 2 permanent purchases. Doubler for Gems, and a Doubler for Notes, at $4.99 per doubler. I really dont see a point to buying the Gem Doubler as they are pretty rare, but the Notes doubler is instabought.

Ads are only the opt-in types. You wont get any if you dont want to, and watching them gives you some bonuses. I hate watching the ads as they pull away from the game's nice beats.

Notes are the game's currency you receive per tap.

You can tap away like a clicker all you want, but taps-by-the-rhythm are more rewarding.

Just... Get this game and play it. One of the best clickers ive played, and one of the best rhythm games i've played, translates to one of the best games on the appstore for me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

12-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Been playing this for awhile. Standing ovation . 5stars bravo. Can't wait to see future projects. I'll leave review later
12-03-2015, 01:31 AM
Oo this looks pretty good! I'm normally not one for rhythm games but I can't resist downloading this.

Edit: wow, one of the best clickers I've ever played. I can't believe no one has ever thought to combine rhythm and clicker before. Beautifully presented too.

Last edited by Fep52; 12-03-2015 at 03:16 AM.
12-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wow! I am truly impressed!

Simple beat tapping, but has deep clicker upgrade mechanics. Only played about 30 mins so far, but im dropping 5-stars for this. Great beats that come with it, fantastic visuals, really good rhythm accuracy, and you can even play songs in your own playlist!

IAPs are the standard IAP for extra currency. Plus, there are 2 permanent purchases. Doubler for Gems, and a Doubler for Notes, at $4.99 per doubler. I really dont see a point to buying the Gem Doubler as they are pretty rare, but the Notes doubler is instabought.

Ads are only the opt-in types. You wont get any if you dont want to, and watching them gives you some bonuses. I hate watching the ads as they pull away from the game's nice beats.

Notes are the game's currency you receive per tap.

You can tap away like a clicker all you want, but taps-by-the-rhythm are more rewarding.

Just... Get this game and play it. One of the best clickers ive played, and one of the best rhythm games i've played, translates to one of the best games on the appstore for me.
Great description and impressions, EP! I can't really add a whole lot to that. It would be nice if you could tap in 16ths, but it seems like 8th notes are as fast as you can go.

Woke up in my chair (as I often do) at 3:30 am. Got into bed and thought I'd check TA real quick. Ended up downloading a few games, started with this, and didn't stop until my alarm went off at 6:30.

Went ahead and bought the note doubler in hopes that any contributions would encourage Animoca Brands to continue updating this.

4 different leaderboards, achievements, an addictive upgrade system, great music (and you can play your own). 5 stars from me as well.
12-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Ok. I am TRYING not to get myself into clicker games, but if devs keep making games like this, I have no chance!

I'm REALLY impressed with this game. "Tapping to the beat" doesn't feel like mindless clicking at all. Especially if you use one of your own songs off your library. Definitely check this one out. It's pretty fun.
12-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Its a beautiful game, didn't realize it but I sunk in hours of time tapping away to the beat of my favorite song. Anyone else notice how each song displays different chords with the Base upgrade? Are these actual chords of the songs being played, that would be a double wow but my music skills aren't good enough to know if they are real? What's the purpose?
12-03-2015, 11:58 PM
How do I play my own songs? I can't seem to find them on a search.
Never mind, figured it out. I set the songs to available offline in the music app and they showed up when I restarted the game.

Last edited by Truffled; 12-04-2015 at 12:05 AM.
12-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Thank you, everyone, for the warm words! We're thrilled that you're all having fun.

We are working to bring more content to Groove Planet, so keep playing and spread the word! More to come, soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffled View Post
How do I play my own songs? I can't seem to find them on a search.
Never mind, figured it out. I set the songs to available offline in the music app and they showed up when I restarted the game.
Glad to hear you managed to get it working! If you guys have any other questions, feel free to field them here and we'll do what we can to address them.

Official Website:
http://animocabrands.com/

Last edited by animocabrands; 12-04-2015 at 05:40 AM.
12-04-2015, 10:12 AM
What does the Recorder do?