★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

12-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Is anyone else having problems with Game Center since iOS 9? Game Center will not load, and I just get a blank white screen. If I try to go to Game Center under Settings, the phone freezes, requiring a reboot. Several games cannot be played, or even opened without the use of Game Center. It's very annoying.

I did a search and found its a known issue. The only solution that has helped anyone is to do a recovery and restore as a new device. That is not acceptable. I have photos and things I can't lose, and would if I can't restore from backup.

Updating to iOS 9 versions up to 9.1 does not help.

Anyone know if Apple is working on this?
12-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccee View Post
Is anyone else having problems with Game Center since iOS 9? Game Center will not load, and I just get a blank white screen. If I try to go to Game Center under Settings, the phone freezes, requiring a reboot. Several games cannot be played, or even opened without the use of Game Center. It's very annoying.

I did a search and found its a known issue. The only solution that has helped anyone is to do a recovery and restore as a new device. That is not acceptable. I have photos and things I can't lose, and would if I can't restore from backup.

Updating to iOS 9 versions up to 9.1 does not help.

Anyone know if Apple is working on this?
True. Our team is working in a new game. we also facing this problem.....

12-04-2015, 06:43 PM
There a few threads already talking about this problem, have a search.
12-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Also it seems intermitent too. Some days it works others not so much. What sucks is I have some games that wont even start without GC being able to pop up.
12-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Also it seems intermitent too. Some days it works others not so much. What sucks is I have some games that wont even start without GC being able to pop up.
Started like that for me then completely doesn't work now. Talked to 8 apple support team members and only one was honest. It will be addressed again in new iOS again
12-06-2015, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Started like that for me then completely doesn't work now. Talked to 8 apple support team members and only one was honest. It will be addressed again in new iOS again
No fix for it so far in the latest iOS 9.2 Beta #4.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-06-2015, 04:33 AM
We need this issue on the frontpage of toucharcade. Sorry but this is rubbish can't load games which require gamecenter login. Now even resetting does nothing for me.

Last edited by azurerush; 12-06-2015 at 04:45 AM.
12-06-2015, 06:16 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I agree. This needs to be addressed and not ignored. It's not a trivial or isolated problem. The usual fixes that Apple gives you don't work. I hope someone with more influence than I will pursue this problem....TouchArcade and some of the other Gaming sites maybe.
12-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccee View Post
I agree. This needs to be addressed and not ignored. It's not a trivial or isolated problem. The usual fixes that Apple gives you don't work. I hope someone with more influence than I will pursue this problem....TouchArcade and some of the other Gaming sites maybe.
I would like that too. They haven't found a fix in like.. months. Apple really needs to put a team together to fix this, if they didn't already.
12-06-2015, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix, on the other threads I have mentioned that the engineering team have now stopped responding to my emails.

I restored my phone back to factory setting and started again 12 times now. This is the only way to get GameCenter working again, then it only works for 2 days after restore.

How do apple sells machines for over $1000 and they don't even work as they should is beyond my comprehension.

Apple = Pathetic