R.I.P. Game Center Bug? (Update to iOS 9.3.2, folks!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cccee, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Is anyone else having problems with Game Center since iOS 9? Game Center will not load, and I just get a blank white screen. If I try to go to Game Center under Settings, the phone freezes, requiring a reboot. Several games cannot be played, or even opened without the use of Game Center. It's very annoying.

I did a search and found its a known issue. The only solution that has helped anyone is to do a recovery and restore as a new device. That is not acceptable. I have photos and things I can't lose, and would if I can't restore from backup.

Updating to iOS 9 versions up to 9.1 does not help.

Anyone know if Apple is working on this?

2. rajonbuzz

rajonbuzz Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    True. Our team is working in a new game. we also facing this problem.....

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    There a few threads already talking about this problem, have a search.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Also it seems intermitent too. Some days it works others not so much. What sucks is I have some games that wont even start without GC being able to pop up.

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Started like that for me then completely doesn't work now. Talked to 8 apple support team members and only one was honest. It will be addressed again in new iOS again

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    No fix for it so far in the latest iOS 9.2 Beta #4.

7. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    #7 azurerush, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    We need this issue on the frontpage of toucharcade. Sorry but this is rubbish can't load games which require gamecenter login. Now even resetting does nothing for me.

8. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I agree. This needs to be addressed and not ignored. It's not a trivial or isolated problem. The usual fixes that Apple gives you don't work. I hope someone with more influence than I will pursue this problem....TouchArcade and some of the other Gaming sites maybe.

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I would like that too. They haven't found a fix in like.. months. Apple really needs to put a team together to fix this, if they didn't already.

10. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix, on the other threads I have mentioned that the engineering team have now stopped responding to my emails.

I restored my phone back to factory setting and started again 12 times now. This is the only way to get GameCenter working again, then it only works for 2 days after restore.

How do apple sells machines for over $1000 and they don't even work as they should is beyond my comprehension.

Apple = Pathetic

11. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Any time anything goes wrong, Apple tells you to restore your device. I find that totally unacceptable.

12. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I would like to see this issue publicized more. In the media, by gaming sites such as Touch Arcade, etc. when people had problems with their devices such as AntennaGate, BendGate, battery use age problems, overheating, and others, they were well publicized and Apple ended up having to address them.

Yes, this Game Center issue is not a hardware problem, but I feel Apple considers it trivial and not important enough to work on.

But it's not trivial when so many are having the same problem, which renders useless many apps they've payed money for. And the only solution we are given (restore as new device) causes loss of valuable data on the phone.

It's not right.

13. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I'm over it now, apple are pathetic in there response to issues.

Just use my 3ds and wiiU now, so much better than stupid iOS.

14. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    FYI. I just installed iOS 9.2 which was released today. The Game Center problem is NOT fixed!

15. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

9.2 was released today? I've been on the public beta and nothing's changed.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #16 metalcasket, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Truth be told, I wasn't expecting it to be, but a little part of me was getting excited watching that progress bar fill up as 9.2 installed.

Oh well, halfway done now and I just don't care.

EDIT: I can confirm. It's not working. :)

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Still broke 9.2. Only thing I can say is I encourage every single person to contact Apple by chat at least so they have a record of all the gamecenter bugs. Also call it a bug when you address it. If they don't want to fix it then a class action is in order and it would be pennies in the bucket for them but new iPhone 7s for us. Don't think that u don't have to contact support because u think the next guy is. What if everyone is doing the same thjng. We need to help each other as a community . I think if the owner of toucharcade would make a post about this to ask all gamers to contact Apple it would be tackled today

18. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I've contacted them so many times, now they have given up and they don't respond any more.

19. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Good idea, Jayg2015. I already filed a Bug Report at Apple, but got an email back that they already had that issue on file. So they KNOW!!

I agree that customer support won't help. I've been there done that a gazillion times. They always tell me to do a recovery/restore as new device. That is NOT acceptable to do that every couple days and lose all my photos and other data. (Luckily I copied all my photos to my PC).

I will try the Chat thing. I may write to TouchArcade and some other similar sites too. If this thing gets publicity from them, it might help.

20. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    P.S. One issue WAS fixed by iOS 9.2. I was having an issue where I couldn't delete apps. I'd press on the icon till they wiggled, but clicking on the X would freeze the phone. A search found this to also be a known widespread bug/problem after installing iOS 9. To delete something, I had to go to Settings, Manage Storage, which was a pain.

Anyway, the problem is now fixed and I can delete the normal way.