★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Up There

12-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Up There

A new game is out (or about to be out?) called Up There. It looks like a solid falldown-type game and looks fun. I'm on my touch so I can't post links, but slidetoplay has a review of it, giving it a 3/4 because it's great at what it dies, but what it does is limited.

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
12-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Its out now. Looks sort of dumb, but I don't have, if you do, what do you think?

12-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Its out now. Looks sort of dumb, but I don't have, if you do, what do you think?
Agreed, seems like the kinda thing youd play for 5 minutes and then forget about

"Insert generic signature here"
12-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
Agreed, seems like the kinda thing youd play for 5 minutes and then forget about
Buy, play, delete. Nothing noteworthy. Next we'll be making posts about DS Effects games. Ohh, wait we are.
12-22-2008, 07:10 PM
i got it and i LOVE IT.

i admit i wont be playing it for three hours a day. but i can see myself having a blast whenever theres adverts on when im watching nba or something. its fun plus the soundtrack is frickin amazing. i could listen to it all day (thats down to personal taste)

its a great pick up and play game, not a beat it and throw it game.

TA has it spot on as they say its beautiful, because it is. and while simple, i dont think ill be deleting it for a while.

to sum up, you really need to ask yourself if the gameplay is the kind of thing you enjoy. if it is the audio, the art style and the excution is in my opinion worth the asking price.
12-22-2008, 07:48 PM
If you're a person that likes games like Scoops, I think you owe it to yourself to check this game out. It's simplicity is what makes it great

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
12-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
If you're a person that likes games like Scoops...
Are you trying to embarrass people? You can't admit to liking a game that has ice cream or balloons in it!
12-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Buy, play, delete. Nothing noteworthy. Next we'll be making posts about DS Effects games. Ohh, wait we are.
Don't agree. It's clear that a lot of effort went into it, and it's actually pretty addictive, in a PapiJump sort of way.

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
12-22-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah scoops and pipjump + are great examples.

highly addictive and well executed games that can give you short burst of fun t get past things liek waiting for a bus or train. or in between ad break while watching tv etc.

these games are worth their money. its not a campaign mode that is over after an hour.
12-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar View Post
yeah scoops and pipjump + are great examples.

highly addictive and well executed games that can give you short burst of fun t get past things liek waiting for a bus or train. or in between ad break while watching tv etc.

these games are worth their money. its not a campaign mode that is over after an hour.
Exactly, I have played scoops more than ashpalt, which was 10X the price.